Copywriting slash Tech Journalist
Copywriter and tech journalist? Yes. Allow me to explain.
The Hustle is a daily newsletter that gives millions of people the business, tech, and cultural news they need to start their day. And, at this point, we're one of the fastest growing media companies in the world.
However, unlike most digital media companies with websites, our content is sent entirely in a daily email to our readers. Each morning we send one ~1,200 word email that explains what’s happening in world of business news and culture, why it matters to readers, and what it means for them. And we do this in a conversational and witty voice.
This role means coming up with story ideas, fact checking, writing, and editing the email.
Additionally, it also means that your writing and ideas will be seen by millions each and every day.
And, because our we're famous for reporting the stories using crisp and witty copy, the perfect person for this role is not only a great copywriter but loves business journalism.
Also, we're profitable and are backed by some of the best investors/companies in the media world.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Working with our editorial team to write the daily email
- Hitting strict deadlines
- Fact checking and editing
- Testing new story ideas and concepts
- 2+ years in an editorial or copywriting role
- A passion for copywriting and journalism
- A bias for results and execution
- Ability to hit ambitious deadlines
- Witty and the ability to write with humor
- Pop culture, startup, and business knowledge
- This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.