- Work with Production team to set goals
- Schedules and plan the production processes to ensure the successful and timely delivery of final commercial creation.
- Maintain budgets and schedules for the Production Department
- Work with Ad Sales to budget, schedule and plan brand integrations
- Work in tandem with other station departments, providing Production team supervision and oversight of responsibilities
- Participate in production-related meetings and take accurate notes for follow up as appropriate
- Secure production-related material and assist in the preparation of presentations as requested
- Ability to track, understand, and dissect production budgets and calendars
- Basic exposure to shooting techniques, shot composition, focus, flow and lighting
- Self-starter with strong time management skills and detail-oriented
- Must have sound judgment and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Meets deadlines with the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and manage changing priorities
- Oversee special projects from "pre" to "post" production
- Must be able to collaborate and work on a team
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently for long and short term projects independently
- Proven understanding of the television production process
- Ability to accept constructive feedback with professionalism and make the proper adjustments accordingly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook) and Skype
- Ability to learn quickly, including the operation of new databases
- Experience with ProCut, All Adobe Suite programs, 3D motion graphics, After Effects, Avid desired but not required
- 2-5 years of experience in video production, broadcast television, events or other similar field, including studio and remote productions, crewing, webcasting, and transmission.
- Management/Supervisory experience of 3+ years.
- Work performance and cooperation that serves as a role model for all. Ability to maintain a positive attitude, even during pressure situations.
- Track record of being organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and working well in a team atmosphere, as well as having the capability to work well individually, is essential.
- Strong work ethic, self-direction, self-motivation, patience, persistence and the ability to get along with coworkers and customers.
- Ability to train others, and to learn from others.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously without jeopardizing deadlines or outcomes.
- Managing and mentoring and proactively looking for better ways to grow the department.
We offer a competitive package and a balanced work-life culture. Position includes a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with employer match, and paid time off!! This is a full-time, onsite position at our studio in Toledo, Ohio.
We love what we do and hope you do too - come join us!
Please apply at: http:www.gray.tv/applynow
OR Please send resume and cover letter to:
Mr. Pete Veto/General Manager
4247 Door St.
Toledo, Ohio 43607
*******NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*****
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and key responsibilities and essential duties of work performance by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to do this job. The job description is not an employment contract. Out company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.