NowThis is looking for a Social Publisher to join our video distribution strategy team. We are looking for publishers who can work across each of our verticals: trending stories, politics, entertainment, science & tech, and marijuana legalization. You’ll be a crucial part of running day-to-day operations for multiple social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) and verticals while also improving video optimization, streamlining workflow, and pushing forward audience growth. We need independent self-starters and critical thinkers. In this role, content creation meets audience analytics and you will be the driving force behind it.
- Manage all aspects in social video distribution for Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram.
- Maintain NowThis editorial voice in headline and copywriting across multiple verticals, while keeping in mind that each page has its differences in tone.
- Work closely with editorial team leads to schedule and distribute videos daily.
- Develop actionable strategies to support audience growth, including opportunities for A/B testing where possible.
- 2+ years experience running a social media account for a newsroom, digital outlet, or brand.
- Strong grammar and communication skills required.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize projects, and communicate progress.
- Strong familiarity with social media publishing tools, especially Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Flexibility: We’re a newsroom, and breaking news doesn’t always happen during traditional hours.
- Weekend availability is a huge plus.
- Foreign language skills are a bonus (please indicate fluency or proficiency).
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.