Executive Producer/Scheduler Political News/Talk TV
Executive Producer/Scheduler Political News/Talk TV -- Southern California TV network is looking for a news/news talk/POLITICAL interview producer.
National TV political talk show seeks producer who eats, sleeps and dreams politics.
This job is both about producing good, national TV and getting upper tier political operatives/contributors on a daily live-to-tape program, while setting a strategy and focus for each day/week/month.
Candidate must have a ``vision`` for producing good TV as well as solid political instincts, contacts and an understanding of how to position the host of the program to execute a dynamic, top-tier on-air product.
Prior TV/political talk show experience and conservative/Constitutional values a plus.
Producer Candidates must have strong writing skills, inter-personal skills, phone skills, organizational skills, communication skills and must be able to work under a daily deadline.
Candidates must have a news producing background with the ability to set up high-profile interviews for live-to-tape TV along with a strong passion for news and politics.
• Grasp and execute “program philosophy & vision” into the daily story line-up
• Must be a political "news & political junkie"
• Generate story ideas, cultivate news sources and remain knowledgeable on daily and on-going political events and politicians in the news
• Ability to work closely with producers, editors, production crew and program host
• Must be a great communicator
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field
• 3 years television news-related experience
• Must be professionally flexible and have a positive attitude when change occurs
• Ability to perform quality work in high pressure, daily deadlines
• Above average understanding of national politics
• Must possess a valid driver's License
Apply for Executive Producer/Scheduler Political News/Talk TV
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly