Senior Media Planner
WE ARE AN EXPERIENCE DESIGN AGENCY WITH A RELENTLESS FOCUS ON THE CUSTOMER.
The way a customer experiences a brand has a profound impact on perception, purchase behavior and loyalty. That’s why our work begins and ends with our clients’ customers. We listen to them. Validate with them. We even include them in our experience design process. We do this to create experiences that are simpler, more useful, entertaining, and convenient. Our mission is to in some way change their lives for the better.
TODAY WE’RE 950 PEOPLE IN 11 OFFICES ON 4 CONTINENTS.
We are thinkers. Makers. Do’ers. We speak a dozen different languages and are inspired by a million different things. But no matter what our discipline is or where we are in the world, we’re united by a common excitement for digital that’s absolute and contagious.
SENIOR MEDIA PLANNER
The Senior Media Planner role is involved in defining, managing and executing interactive marketing strategy. This would include but not be limited to online media and promotional support, and online advertising production, in order to maximize client business/marketing objectives. This person must also have in depth knowledge of all digital channels including paid search, display, video, mobile, and other emerging channels. This person will be a strategic support, planning and optimization lead. They will be responsible for facilitating and managing the relationship between the client and our third party vendors. They will maintain and optimize campaigns and manage the media planners.
- Define, manage and execute online marketing and media strategy, including but not limited to, email campaign management, search engine marketing, online media and promotions, and affiliate marketing, in order to maximize client business/marketing objectives
- Day to day contact for the respective client; able to build strong client relationships while executing up-sell and cross-sell to organically grow the business
- Accountable for each assigned marketing/media project and each phase of the online marketing/media process: strategy, planning/buying, trafficking, optimization, and measurement analysis and ROI
- Stay up-to-date on and advises clients of the latest trends in interactive marketing/media and develop “Point of View” (POV) documents on new trends or special opportunities
- Responsible for relationship with third party vendor ie. Keeping up to date on all offerings and facilitating meetings between the vendor, client and team members
- Responsible for training the client and coordinators on all of the third party tools
- Develop sales strategies to be used in media kits for client presentations
- Manage all campaigns including reporting, bid management, inventory forecasting and analysis
- Develop reporting schedules and campaign maintenance process for all advertisers
- Communicate client-reporting requirements and provide full campaign accountability; generate and deliver client analytics
- Serve as a point of contact for problem escalation; demonstrate exceptional client interaction skills
- Research and understand the current and evolving industry trends
- Continue to research and develop strategies to monetize client’s website
- Manage deadlines and workflow (calendars, budgets, meetings)
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with client
- Posses accountability for the team’s work
- Ownership of quality and consistency of deliverables
- Understand and utilize all research tools, both proprietary and syndicated: Including eMarketer, Nielsen, Comscore, Forrester
- 4+ years experience as a digital media manager
- 2+ as the direct client contact and lead specific to digital media
- Sales experience a plus
- Full knowledge of Doubleclick DCM (formally DFA)
- Familiar with Google ad products and AdWords platform, MSN Adcenter, DART, Omniture
- Well versed in standard and rich media ad trafficking software for display, video, mobile, search and other emerging channels.
- Educated on all research tools and 3rd party ad servers (listed above)
- Familiar with and passionate about digital media
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while paying attention to details
- Ability to work effectively under stressful situations and time constraints
- Able to work effectively across functional groups or geographic offices
- Good project management, planning and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic personality
- Ability to work independently, yet seek help when needed
- Proficient with MS Office – specifically Excel
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Able to quickly adapt to new situations