Digital Sports Producer/Editor
The New York Post (and its related website) is looking for a digital sports producer/editor to successfully contribute to online sports coverage.
The ideal candidate should have a clear vision of local and national sports content that is smart and has attitude. Must be able to collaborate with a large staff of veteran writers and columnists. Also must be equally adept at pitching creative story ideas, writing bright, thoughtful stories and carefully editing copy.
Job responsibilities include:
1. Helping to manage a highly-viewed sports web section; maintaining its currency, accuracy and brightness
2. Participate in daily news meetings with representatives other sections
3. Develop new initiatives to foster further audience growth
1. Outstanding news judgment.
2. Strong writing skills.
3. Refined eye for editing copy, creating clear and bright content.
4. An extensive knowledge of sports that goes beyond the four major leagues.
5. Must be comfortable working across sections, liasing with editors from other departments when appropriate.