Paid Intern for Startup Writing / Marketing Agency (6-12 months)
2 days left
Prose Media LLC (prosemedia.com) is an innovative content writing service for businesses, helping to usher in the future of “brand journalism.”
We are seeking a smart, motivated, tech-savvy intern for a 6- to 12-month paid internship in NYC (in Greenwich Village, near NYU). Pay is hourly. Hours are either part-time or full-time. Start date and end date are flexible. The internship has the potential to turn into a formal position.
You will work directly with the CEO or Managing Editor who will regularly train you throughout the opportunity.
Startups are crazy; help us tame the beast and keep things running smoothly, while getting a hands-on education in marketing and entrepreneurship. Responsibilities are largely administrative and focus on project/account management, with occasional editing/proofreading tasks. Specific duties may include:
- Helping assign (“match”) new client projects to relevant freelance writers
- Facilitating key milestones in the editorial process (e.g., submission, revisions); handle scheduling; ensuring deadlines are met
- Tracking and recording data via online applications (e.g., Salesforce)
- Assisting in editing and proofreading materials
- Interacting with clients and writers (via email and phone)
- Generally assisting with administrative tasks (e.g., sending emails; scheduling calls; preparing docs and copy based on templates)
Three sets of traits are essential. You should be:
- An exceptional editor and writer
- Extremely organized and obsessive about details
- Highly self-driven (i.e., enjoy working independently)
Specific experience in editorial management (e.g., working on a college newspaper) is optional but a plus.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample.
Apply for Paid Intern for Startup Writing / Marketing Agency (6-12 months)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly