Smartphone-Obsessed Technology Editor
If you love everything Apple and Android, WonderHowTo has the position for you. The WonderHowTo Network of science and technology sites is looking for an editor in New York City to head our smartphone-focused Gadget Hacks (http://gadgethacks.com) team to spearhead new initiatives, grow the site, and own the smartphone technology area.
The editor will be in charge of assigning and editing content focused on the smartphone war, evolving our content style and approach, building trust with the readers, promoting our brand, and growing the team.
Gadget Hacks doesn't write about Yahoo’s finances or Mark Zuckerberg’s baby announcement. We focus on the products people buy and use every day, help them make the best product choice for them, and give them the tips and tricks they need to get the most out of their phones.
In the position, you will work side by side with the Editor In Chief of WonderHowTo to help grow the Gadget Hacks brand by spearheading new, exciting, and innovative editorial work.
• Field pitches from writers to develop engaging and intelligent smartphone content.
• Edit and proofread copy to ensure that it's clear, understandable, properly formatted, and grammatically correct.
• Meet deadlines and plan ahead with a divisive editorial strategy for growth.
• Organize and strategize with the team building our Best For testing series and covering the latest and greatest details of premium, budget, and used smartphones in the US.
• Work closely and coordinate with Editor in Chief on a daily basis to keep things running smoothly and develop new coverage areas.
• Grow and evolve our current editorial vision and strategy.
• Recruit, train, manage and coordinate writers.
• Conceptualize, design, and implement unique editorial features that build trust with our readers and authority in the smartphone space.
• Work with our distribution editor on strategies to increase overall exposure, including appearing on TV or the radio, and building strong relationships with technology companies.
• Experienced and enthusiastic about editorial work and content development (developing editorial voice/tone, overseeing copy, social media, and videos).
• A strong passion for all things smartphone-related, specifically, an obsession with Android and Apple operating systems and hardware.
• Familiarity with Google Analytics and other newsroom tools.
• In-depth technology knowledge and an analytical mind.
Send a cover letter, 3 great smartphone article ideas, links to at least 3 tech-related writing samples, and your resume.
This is a full-time position located in our New York City offices. Salary is based upon experience.