Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking an experience, creative Oncology Writer to create news articles, long form content, drug showcases, case studies, and cancer treatment regimens published across Cancer Therapy Advisor and Oncology Nurse Advisor in our oncology division that serves healthcare providers treating patients with cancer. This position is located in our New York, NY office.
The Oncology Writer is responsible for staying up to date on clinical research and creating content around relevant areas as well as working collaboratively with the website editors and the managing editor on projects. The Oncology Writer will guide the identification and development of clinical news content across Cancer Therapy Advisor and Oncology Nurse Advisor. S/he is responsible for tracking the development of news and longer-form content for editors within the oncology space and updating cancer treatment guidelines in accordance with NCCN updates. The Oncology Writer ensures the news, feature articles, and drug- and case-based content is created for a professional clinician audience (physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, etc.). S/he will create news, slideshows, and case studies with a keen sense of connecting with and engaging professionals in the medical community. In addition, the Oncology Writer will attend conferences and report on key findings in oncology research. The Oncology Writer will collaborate with the website editors to pitch and produce original digital content and ongoing features, both ad hoc and around an editorial calendar, to ensure internal and client expectations are met and exceeded. Occasional travel to professional medical conferences will be necessary.
- Write 3-5 daily news articles on oncology research
- Create weekly drug showcases on recently approved oncology drugs
- Create case studies for a clinical audience
- Track content creation so it is easily accessed by oncology editors and managing editors
- Update cancer treatment regimens in accordance with NCCN guidelines
- Interview experts and key opinion leaders and develop long-form feature content on relevant topics in oncology for a clinician audience
- Inform editorial team on research and drug approval news worth of coverage across brands
- Identify, recruit, and maintain relationships with medical professionals who serve as sources for article development
- Domestic and some international travel to conferences is required
Skills and Requirements:
- Clinical degree (RN, NP, PA, PharmD) is preferred
- Minimum 3 years related work experience in medical communications, medical publishing, or medical education (writing oncology articles for a medical audience)
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and previous online experience preferred
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening and analytical skills, oral and written communication skills, and familiarity with AMA style preferred
- A successful record of handling multiple simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Experience as a strong team player who can work cross-functionally within an organization and follow through on all assigned tasks
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.