Senior Music Talent Booker
Viacom is seeking a Freelance Senior Music Talent Booker responsible for securing top level multi-genre music artist bookings for MTV & MTV2 programming as needed and directed.
The level of music talent booked is critical to the success of our programming. As such, this person must have a strong working knowledge of popular culture, musical trends and stars, as well as possess strong working relationships with record label execs, managers, agents and publicists in order to book guests on our show(s). This candidate must have proven leadership and communication skills, strong music industry relationships and a successful talent booking experience track record.
RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Work with Senior Music team members and other staff (as directed) to book guests, with emphasis on AAA level music talent across all genres.
- Work with team to foster synergy, communication and cooperation among shows, departments and divisions to avoid booking conflicts and ensure the best editorial decisions are made.
- Create long-term plans to cultivate high profile and hard to get guests.
- Ensure all guests, talent and producers receive accurate booking agreement as appropriate.
- Coordinate all related travel arrangements; establish a system for tracking and coordinating all agreements and logistics.
- Work with coordinating producers to establish lists of relevant news stories and potential guests.
- Create pitch letters to send to record label execs, managers, PR directors, agents, etc.
- Serve as on-site Talent Relations presence.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in entertainment talent booking for a cable television or broadcast network entertainment division or related field.
- Extensive contact list including record label execs, talent and talent managers, publicists and agents is a must.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with previous experience booking talent on shows, negotiating terms and fostering relationships on-site.
- The ability to multi-task and work effectively under daily time constraints in a high pressure environment are essential.
- Must have strong overall understanding of television production.
- Excellent organizational, people and writing skills are needed.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and have previous experience managing staff and delegating tasks.
- Must be adept at managing relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Proficiency in MS Office, scheduling programs, reporting, budgets, etc.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule and work long hours, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Must be available to travel and attend events necessary.