Through our work, we provide an opportunity to undo an inequitable educational system caused by systems of oppression. E4E has expanded to six chapters across the country since 2010 and is looking this year to deepen in impact and excellence.
To further our mission of equity in education, we seek a Digital Manager to oversee the organization’s digital efforts, including the website, social media channels, member and supporter emails, and online advertising. The Manager will design the strategic digital plans to help reach the national organizational goals for organizing, advocacy, fundraising, communications, and talent, while working closely with chapters to design digital campaigns for their events and advocacy campaigns.
The Manager will work closely with the National Communications team to ensure message and brand consistency, and will oversee all digital content including the website and the weekly member email newsletter. The Manager will supervise one direct report, collaborate with other national team members, and work closely with the Managing Directors of External Affairs in each chapter, to coordinate all the digital efforts and provide training and coaching on digital communications.
As the successful candidate,
Digital Strategy and Advocacy:
- Develop annual digital plans to increase online engagement, including membership sign-ups, digital actions, social media followers, email click-through rates, etc.
- Assist chapters with the design and execution of digital plans to elevate their campaign efforts and promote their events
- Work with leadership, outreach, communications, and policy staff to devise national digital advocacy campaigns to engage all stakeholders and decision-makers
- Create and execute online advertising, as needed, for national and chapter campaigns
- Monitor the search engine optimization of the website and produce monthly reports on all digital channels to help analyze the effectiveness of digital initiatives and guide the development and creation of future initiatives
- Keep abreast of local, state, and national education policy and political news and propose strategic digital actions on how to respond
- Oversee development and release of all web content, videos, email blasts, and social media posts to ensure timeliness and message consistency
- Inform and engage members and supporters through the weekly email newsletter, where the digital team collects and edits the content from the chapters
- Working with development staff, design and execute plans to increase online fundraising
- Advise and coach leadership on their social media presence to support E4E’s mission
- Monitor and maintain all digital systems to ensure they are properly functioning at all times
Team Management and Staff Coaching:
- Manage the digital associate and assume responsibility for their professional growth and development
- Provide training and coaching of staff on digital best practices, social media, and digital advocacy
- Manage external vendors, as appropriate
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of professional experience
- Previous digital and/or communications experience required; highly prefer candidates with digital experience within the campaign/community organizing, and/or advocacy space
- Experience with Drupal, HTML, and Salesforce
- Deep knowledge of education issues and an exceptional ability to synthesize and communicate such issues to diverse stakeholders
- Ability to design strategic plans, systems, processes and structures to achieve measurable goals
- Demonstrated high-quality written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated track record of successful team management and the ability to influence others to achieve outcomes
- Training, facilitation, and/or coaching experience
- An entrepreneurial spirit; one who can work independently to achieve goals after receiving broad direction
- A dedication to progressive education reform, and an understanding of the hard, sustained work this role requires in order to achieve those reforms
- A proven track record and ability to organize, plan and execute multiple streams of work, meet deadlines and maintain timely correspondence/follow-up
- Proven success in project and vendor management, leveraging time and resources as efficiently and effectively as possible
Moreover, all E4E staff must demonstrate our Core Values:
- Respect and Professionalism: We act with personal responsibility, respect, and commitment to high quality work, to our organization and to each other
- Solutions Orientation: We consistently approach even the most complex challenges with positivity, proactive solutions, and the assumption of best intentions
- Growth Mindset: We intentionally create opportunities to develop ourselves and others in order to learn and continuously improve
- Dynamic Leadership: We courageously take ownership, empower others, set bold visions, think strategically, and adapt to change
- Diversity and Inclusiveness: Educational inequity is linked to race, power, and privilege, and so we take action to shift this paradigm by reflecting on our own identities, creating an inclusive and diverse community, and leveraging our differences as strengths
Benefits & Applying
Educators for Excellence believes in providing employees with benefits to support self-care, wellness, and financial stability. We value the whole person and provide benefits such as; paid time off, health insurance plans, competitive salaries that include pre-tax benefits, and cell phone reimbursements.
Applications can be addressed to Kris Havens, Vice President of External Affairs and should include a resume cover letter highlighting relevant experience. Please ensure that all materials address relevant experience and your understanding of how this position connects to the overall mission of E4E.
Educators for Excellence is an equal opportunity employer. We predominantly partner with low-income communities of color. Therefore, though race and other identity markers are never used to make final hiring decisions, we place a particular focus on recruiting staff members who share the backgrounds of our communities.