Communications (Marketing & Publicity) Manager
The Communications Manager (Marketing & Publicity) will lead the communications, promotion/marketing, author support and PR activities for approximately 15 new romance and mystery releases each month across both print and digital formats. Reporting to the Communications Director, candidate will develop strategies for promoting their assigned titles through both earned and paid exposure, as well as growing the overall Kensington brand within their genres.
Candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree or at least four years of experience in the communications/public relations/marketing field.
- Create, develop and implement effective publicity strategies and marketing campaigns for all assigned titles.
- Provide author support as needed and work with authors to create cohesive promotion strategies between the authors and the imprint.
- Write copy and create press releases, pitch letters and promotional materials.
- Build promotional strategies within budgetary restrictions.
- Maintain records; monitor, track, circulate and analyze relevant media coverage and marketing strategies.
- Pitch and arrange interviews, events, blog tours, partnership opportunities, reviews and other PR initiatives.
- Work closely with the rest of the communications team to plan conventions (RT, RWA, Bouchercon, etc)
- Work with Social Media Specialist on plan brainstorming and coordination on major platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Work with authors to obtain exclusive content for use in promotions online, both via Kensington’s platforms as well as other areas, including blog tours.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to leverage and develop marketing campaigns and identify new opportunities to grow sales of Kensington’s titles.
- Strong interest in and/or experience working with those who write, read and talk about eBooks.
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Desire and ability to support authors and help to develop their careers
- Excellent project management, analytical, creative and writing skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Ability to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks and work with minimal supervision
- Understanding of digital and print media. Experience answering media inquiries as well as preparing and actively pitching media/press materials is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in dealing with the media in a polished, professional manner.
- High level of familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite
Apply for Communications (Marketing & Publicity) Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly