Associate Producer, WLIW
7 days left
- Full Time
The Associate Producer will work closely in all phases of the production process from story development through post-production and delivery. Responsibilities and tasks will include, but are not limited to, researching and pitching stories, developing storylines and identifying locations and characters; coordinating the production of shoots; conducting interviews, working with on-camera talent as required and fact-checking scripts. In addition, the Associate Producer will liaise, as necessary, with various other departments, including publicity, production services, finance and legal. Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct in-depth research via multiple sources to develop and validate program content
- Leverage research and other outside data to conceptualize and promote (“pitch”) program format (s)
- Develops, reviews, and edits program scripts/narratives
- Coordinates logistical activities (scheduling, booking quests, locations, releases, equipment, etc.) of production support team
- Review and formats and ingests raw footage as appropriate in preparation for formal editing process
- Assist with graphics, gathers archival footage and interactive materials
- Create web page productions and promotions
To qualify, candidates must have BS/ BA or equivalent experience, a minimum of two (2) years of experience in multimedia production, proficiency with INews or Dalet, and ability to shoot and edit video (Premiere). Experience working in a rundown environment required. Proficiency with social media and digital platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and scheduling management tools such as Hootsuite, IFTTT, and/or Constant Contact will be needed. Proficiency with Wordpress or other content management system will be necessary as well. A minimum of two (2) years editorial experience, including experience in dealing with a wide range of contemporary issues; knowledge of arts, science and technology a plus. Exceptional written and verbal communication, and presentation skills; exceptional planning, organization, problem analysis and decision-making skills; strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
Apply online at: www.wnet.org/careers.
WLIW New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
Qualified candidates only; no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WLIW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.