Senior Manager of Data Analysis, Publishing
The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Data Analysis in its Publishing Sales & Marketing Department. The Senior Manager, Data Analysis is primarily responsible for compiling and analyzing a wide variety of data sets including subscriptions (both number and associated revenue), Open Access revenue, downloads and renewals for OSA Publishing. Core responsibilities for this position include: 1) preparing the monthly pubs sales reports and dashboards, quarterly Benchmark Report and annual Statistical Record Book reports related to revenue, 2) generating reports and analysis of institutional subscription and download data with the ability to identify trends, and 3) preparing the annual renewals for all subscription titles and packages.
1. Performs data collection from multiple sources to create various dashboards, reports, pivot tables, charts, and graphs. Analyzes and reconciles publishing data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to ensure timely completion of the Month-End Sales reports, Benchmark Report and Statistical Record Book reports.
2. Provide analytical reporting (i.e. country reports, marketing plan data, etc) of institutional subscriber, subscription activity and open access data to key stakeholders as requested.
3. Manage all institutional subscription data to ensure data, product, and price accuracy.
4. Produce annual renewal invoices for institutional subscriptions; prepare file and work with contracted printer routinely throughout renewal season for recurring efforts.
5. Create and manage dashboard tools for the OSA Publishing Sales & Marketing Department to track performance, engagement, and usage.
6. Assist Manager to solve complex problems with efficient solutions.
7. Works collaboratively with key members in other departments, but primarily the Finance department, to resolve issues that impact OSA customers and subscribers.
8. Performs testing as needed for AMS system upgrades.
9. Completes other ad hoc data analysis as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 3-5 years’ experience in data analysis using multiple systems
· Understanding of finance procedures as they relate to accounts payable and receivable.
· A strong professional image and solid organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully coordinate multiple long and short term projects simultaneously required.
· Publishing experience, especially scientific society publishing experience, preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft office/Windows operating system, especially Microsoft Excel as well as other database applications like Netforum.
· Excellent organizational and problem solving skills and an ability to perceive trends and patterns in complex data.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to meet multiple deadlines and work independently in a fast paced, team environment required.
· Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through required.
· Strong customer service orientation to ensure that the needs of key internal stakeholders are met.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, OSA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.