Digital Media Manager
WRC seeks a savvy, creative, and analytical digital media expert to manage all aspects of WRC’s online communications including website, email campaigns, and existing, and yet-to-be-created social media channels. In collaboration with the Director of External Communications and other members of the communication team, s/he will develop and implement WRC’s overall online strategy with the end goal of establishing WRC’s brand/voice and strengthening our digital footprint and presence.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage all aspects of the organizations social media platforms.
• Manage email communications including designing layout, testing/monitoring performance.
• Plan and execute integrated email and social media campaigns.
• Work with the Director of External Communications and the Development Team to manage, build, and microtarget the organizational email program to include advocacy, policy, and fundraising emails.
• Design and develop graphic design projects including reports, flyers, one-pagers, banners, and other collateral.
• Work closely with Policy and Advocacy staff to facilitate and manage logistics for organizational webinars.
• Manage and regularly update the organization’s website.
• Demonstrated proficiency with HTLM required, familiarity with Joomla a plus.
• Track all digital media engagement, prepare weekly digital media metrics report.
• Manage online organizational editorial calendar. • Prepare daily internal news clips list.
• Manage consultants and vendors as needed in the development and creation of content
• Monitor trends in website, social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
• Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of website, social media campaigns and activity. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
• Is a team player with demonstrated experience working on digital media output in
partnership with research, advocacy, and policy staff.
Other skills and attributes:
• Solid understanding and proficiency with social media platforms, their respective
participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and how each platform can
be strategically deployed to engage a variety of audiences.
• Experience sourcing and managing content development and digital publishing/CMS.
• Ability to turn complex/academic/technical language into soundbites suited for digital
• Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and
• Strong eye for design and visual language, understands the importance of visual
communications given the at-times sensitive nature of issues that WRC engages in.
• Outstanding communications skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to grasp and
communicate substantive WRC policies and programs.
• Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional forms of
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with staff at all levels.
• Excellent organizational skills, including ability to conduct and coordinate multiple tasks
under pressure to ensure deadlines are met.
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team with the confidence to
take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (ie: content development,
creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
• Strong commitment to the mission and goals of WRC.
• Bachelor’s degree in digital media, communications, or related field.
• Three to five years demonstrated successful experience – including tracked ROI – in digital
• Proven experience and demonstrated outcomes with all the major social media platforms,
social media reporting, analytics, content aggregation, content creation and scheduling tools.
• Expertise with Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Google Analytics and other search
engines, content management systems (CMS), including Joomla and Drupal.
• Strong understanding of analytical tools and ability to report on metrics.
• A full understanding of social media marketing