Sales & Editorial Assistant
Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking an entry-level Sales & Editorial Assistant to join the DMN team. This position is based in our New York, NY office.
Join the dynamic team at DMN, the leading provider of digital and data-driven marketing analysis, research, and content serving today's fast-changing marketing technology industry. DMN delivers that timely information through a robust set of digital offerings that include a website, email newsletters, eBooks, social media, virtual events, special print editions, and web¬casts, as well as live events that collectively serve a circulation of more than 150,000 senior marketing executives per month.
The position reports to the VP/Publisher.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with production on ad trafficking, collaborate with the web team and email ops to track results from online ad campaigns, run metric reports for clients, and coordinate with outside vendors
- Manage monthly billing in Salesforce, resolve any billing issues, work with the accounting/finance departments, and record ad revenue
- Manage opportunities in Salesforce, monitor pipeline for sales reps, confirm accuracy and mark as closed won upon receiving signed contracts, run reports, reconcile monthly billing
- Manage product delivery (fulfillment) in Salesforce for products, working with other department as needed
- Support the sales team by preparing insertion orders, RFPs, media kits, conducting monthly competitive reporting, database management, and ad hoc projects as requested
- Provide administrative support for both the sales and editorial teams – this includes phone coverage, submitting expense reports, arranging travel, coordinating meetings and commercial events, calendar management, and arranging transcriptions for editorial projects
- Handle customer inquiries from senior-level executives and client companies and manage the DMN online job board, directory, and classified ads
- Act as project manager for such activities as editorial roundtables – this includes booking sites and getting/confirming attendees
- Occasional travel to industry conferences and other meetings; manage the DMN exhibit hall booth
- DMN and industry event support, as needed – DMN events include Marketing Hall of Femme, 40 Under 40, and DMN Awards
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Team player with accurate numerical skills (strong emphasis and deep understanding of MS Excel a must)
- Strong attention to detail; is confident, adaptable, and responsive
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb follow through – completing tasks efficiently and on deadline
- An ability and interest in project management is essential
- Experience using Salesforce.com for pipeline and order management a plus
- General understanding of basic finance skills a plus
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.