Director of Sponsorship Sales - 92Y
The Director of Sponsorships Sales will be responsible for the delivery and achievement of contributed revenue targets relating to brand partnerships and sponsorship agreements. By defining and delivering 92Y’s strategy regarding sponsorship and cause marketing and through the identification, cultivation and successful engagement of brands, corporate organizations and others the Director will be accountable for the sustained growth of this revenue stream. The Director will be responsible for the delivery of new and innovative sponsorship offerings and agreements that maximize engagement opportunities across 92Y with a clear focus on revenue generation.
- Deliver sustained contributed revenue growth from the creation and execution of innovative, scalable brand and sponsorship agreements to ensure that quarterly and annual financial targets are achieved.
- Devise, develop and lead on the creation of a cohesive and robust strategic sponsorship and cause marketing framework including, but not limited to, sponsorship and cause marketing policies, procedures and asset identification and valuations.
- Direct, lead and manage all sponsorship program activities including prospecting, sales and negotiation, proposal development, partner marketing activations, servicing and client satisfaction.
- Develop a strategy to identify potential clients, initiate and build relationships with brands and corporate clients while maintaining existing relationships with current brands and corporate sponsors.
- Recruit, manage, motivate and performance manage Events Sponsorship and Marketing Associate to ensure sponsorship sales and client satisfaction targets are met.
- Cultivate and capitalize on an active network of relationships across business / media organizations and corporate foundations to ensure continued growth in engagement opportunities, maximizing all revenue generating opportunities as they arise.
- Increase the drive for the identification of potential sponsorship opportunities arising from current and future programming activities, by engaging Program Center Directors in the process of recognizing tie-in opportunities.
- In collaboration with programming teams ensure fulfillment of sponsorship contracts as well as identifying and delivering new programming outputs based on sponsorship agreements.
- Ensure that all sponsorship agreements align with 92Y’s aims, values and ethical standards and work closely with Chief Legal Officer to complete required legal and compliance reviews and sign off.
- Review, analyze and evaluate each sponsorship agreement to identify future growth opportunities and to achieve optimum levels of return sponsors.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Senior level relationship builder with an active network of contacts across high profile brands and organizations.
- Proven track record of success in leading the development and sale of large scale complex sponsorship agreements.
- Strong knowledge of the Sponsorship ecosystem and experience with big brand activations and assets.
- Strong contract negotiation skills accompanied with the ability to provide strategic and creative direction.
- Self-motivated and proactive, but also a strong team player.
- Strong and dynamic presentation and communication skills.
- Capable of multitasking and working in a fast-paced complex environment.