This position replaces our former Senior Editor (fiction) position.
Age of Learning is looking for an experienced Nonfiction Book Editor to join its lively and creative Publishing team!
The Nonfiction Book Editor will be responsible for developing and editing nonfiction manuscripts for children in Grades 3–5. Each manuscript must adhere to curriculum specifications and best practices for nonfiction publications for children. The editor will also revise manuscripts based on feedback from stakeholders.
Minimum of 7 years’ hands-on experience developing and line editing nonfiction children’s books or other nonfiction children’s publications Working knowledge of appropriate vocabulary and text structures for children in Grades 3–5
Special consideration will be given to nonfiction editors with a background in editing history-related material for children.
Please Note: This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Glendale, CA. Feel free to inquire about relocation assistance. No freelance or remote employment.
- Strong working knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th Edition
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to do quality work under tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment
- Proactive self-starter and problem-solver
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Commitment to excellence
- Experience as a published author of children’s content a plus