Senior Marketing Manager
What you’ll be doing...
This position provides a unique opportunity to lead a team responsible for thestrategic planning and execution of robust Consumer Go To Market launch plans spanning a variety of project types for Verizon Wireless including devices, pricing, products, promotions (at both National and Local levels), accessories, campaigns and sponsorships.
The consumer GTM team is a critical arm of the Wireless business responsible for packaging launches into their final complete state and ensuring asuccessfuland impactful launch into the field and marketplace.
Success in this role requires a strong understanding of the Verizon Go to Market process. The manager will have significant and demonstrable Project Management experience and more broadly, strong experience in leading and developing high performing teams that manage a large number of concurrent, highly complex programs. The Sr. Manager will have a track record of developingclear, streamlined andconsistent program positioning while managing the varied needs of a large stakeholder / customer group.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Successfully lead a group of GTM Managers and Sr. Analyts in launching impactful, fast-moving and revenue driving launches for the consumer wireless business.
Collaborate with internal GTM teams (On-boarding, Frontline Insights & Positioning, Quality Control) to drive optimal launch plan development with methodology and frontline insights in mind.
Coordinate efforts across HQ cross-functional teams (CMO/IM, CRM, DO, PR, L&D, Indirect, B2B, Care, Telesales, FMO) to ensure 100% alignment prior to launch. Ability to influence and collaborate with aforementioned teams for a consistent national message and coordinated launch.
Create GTM documents that provide impactful messaging on all necessary project details including launch overview, positioning, channel execution, and cross-functional support.
Present GTM briefings to various levels of HQ and Market leadership throughout project planning process based on priority level and frontline impact.
Conduct launch day command centers as needed to troubleshoot key launch issues and gain resolution.
Prioritize product launch requests based on value of the company, impact to our frontline and other needs of the business. Success is measured by impact and thoroughness of launch planning, ensuring all frontline needs are cared for.
Identify business / customer issues and work with appropriate teams to create resolution in order to create an optimal customer experience.
Develop and cultivate effective relationships with key Business Unit, functional partners, and Field Marketing Operations to understand needs / gain efficiencies across team functions and continually drive improvement.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Wireless / Technology experience
Even better if you have:
- BS Degree in Marketing, Management or Communications desired. MBA preferred.
- 6+ years of Wireless / Technology experience
- 6+ years of Product and/or Project Management Experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation, oral, and written communication, and negotiation skills required as candidate will interact with a variety of management levels.
- Proven development and delivery of executive communication
- Proven ability at engaging and influencing large teams and functional leaders
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under extreme time constraints to deliver results by critical deadlines
- Shows initiative, anticipates and prepares for upcoming situations, takes advantage of opportunities, acts quickly and decisively, addresses issues before they become problematic.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.