Inside Sales Representative - Higher Ed
Inside Sales Representatives at Oxford University Press utilize phone and email to interact with college and university professors to promote our higher education titles and electronic course materials. As an Inside Sales Rep, you will be responsible for making an average of 40 calls a day, supported by email campaigns, to generate and sustain adoptions of OUP texts. You’ll be providing pedagogical solutions to institutional challenges, directly impacting what and how students are learning.
• Promote Oxford’s college titles and ancillary materials to current and prospective book adopters.
• Calls are made via telephone and email. Plan and execute sales plan under the direction of sales management. Travel required twice a year, once in August and once in January. Additional travel may be required during peak seasons.
• Build and maintain relationships with instructors of university and community college programs and bookstore managers within an assigned territory.
• Achieve sales goal by selling college textbooks through strategic management of territory with use of appropriate selling skills
• Request exam and desk copies of OUP textbooks to be sent to professors as a precursor to sales calls.
• Ensure that all major bookstores are serviced during rush periods.
• Track backorders and late adoptions carefully.
• Maintain accurate contact and adoption information in our data management system, Salesforce.com.
• Proactively increase product knowledge individually and through participation in all sales meetings or conference calls.
Individuals wishing to apply for this position should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, adept at time management, independent, and persuasive. Candidates should be familiar with consultative selling techniques and take interest in assisting professors with providing the highest quality educational experience possible.
*Valid passport is required
• Bachelor’s degree required with evidence of high academic achievement.
• 2+ year’s sales experience.
• Proficient in PC environment with working knowledge of MS Office, and ideally Salesforce.com
• Phone based sales experience strongly preferred
• Sales experience in the publishing industry a plus
Apply for Inside Sales Representative - Higher Ed
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly