Effie Worldwide seeks a talented and proactive Communications Coordinator to join its small, dedicated and hard-working team.
The right person for this position will be driven, organized and eager to jump in and play an integral role in driving Effie’s communications program, both locally and globally. The Coordinator will work across various areas, including (but not limited to) social media, content development and email marketing.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for Effie sponsorship.
About Effie Worldwide
Effie Worldwide champions the practice and practitioners of marketing effectiveness. As a 501c3 non-profit organization, our core purpose is focused on education and learning. Effie Worldwide runs the Effie Awards, a global awards competition recognizing the most effective marketing communications efforts worldwide. Known by advertisers and agencies globally as the pre-eminent award celebrating effectiveness in the industry, the Effies recognize any and all forms of marketing communication that contribute to a brand's success. Since 1968, winning an Effie has become a global symbol of achievement. The Effies celebrate effectiveness worldwide with regional competitions in APAC, Europe, Latin America, MENA and North America, with more than 40 additional national Effie competitions and specialty programs around the world. Learn more about us at www.effie.org.
Effie Worldwide is headquartered in New York City and runs the North American Effie Awards program.
- Support creation and management of written and video content for Effie’s blog and social media channels (ex. maintain content calendar, manage interview outreach, coordinate with various individuals/vendors for deadline-oriented deliveries)
- Community management, including posting/scheduling messaging across Effie’s social media channels
- Participate in ongoing planning/strategy meetings and help evolve social media and content development initiatives
- Prepare and present monthly/yearly social media analytics reports
- Support the production of the annual North American Effie Awards Journal
- Build and maintain email marketing calendar for all North American campaigns
- Ongoing projects that will provide opportunities to wear many hats and gain experience working closely with sponsors, partners and media publications
- 2-3 years related experience
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate effectively (both internally and externally)
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high quality work
- Comfort with technology and ability to learn new software
- Familiarity with social media platforms (specifically Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Twitter and YouTube; knowledge of social media analytics tools a plus)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task various time-sensitive projects
- Experience with video editing software (ex. iMovie, Final Cut Pro)
- Proficiency (and some working experience) with HTML and Photoshop
- Passion for marketing/advertising a HUGE plus
Please submit your resumes and a detailed cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.
When applying for this position, please:
- In your cover letter, explain specifically why you think you are an ideal fit for the position outlined above
- Include salary expectations and/or salary history
No phone calls, please. If the above instructions are not followed, your application will not be considered.
Apply for Communications Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly