Boutique Publishing Ad Space Sales Manager
We are a boutique midtown-based publishing company looking for an additional advertising manager for (inside) print and online sales in our growing B2B publication.
Competitive Base Salary + Uncapped Commissions + Full Benefits + Sales Bonuses
Our sales managers work selling advertising programs in our print and online publications.
- The majority of sales is done via phone and email.
- We provide leads – there is more than enough to work on including solid new business, dormant business and accounts that need to be worked.
- It is small office environment (between four and six people, plus additional virtual staff); family owned business since 1978.
- While we tend to get our work done during normal working hours we do expect someone committed enough to be engaged outside of these hours and do what is necessary to work your clients.
- Our ideal candidate has some experience in publishing and/or print sales, and is professional , disciplined and self-motivated.
- You should be extremely comfortable making multiple phone calls every day, talking to prospects both here and abroad. You should also possess solid written communication skills.
- There is limited travel – anywhere from 1 to a few trips per year. You should have a passport and be able to travel internationally.
Our compensation package includes a base salary and very good health and dental insurance that kicks in after a set period of time. Plus an aggressive rising commission structure that will fit your lifestyle in NYC. The base salary is $40k. The first year you can expect to earn 55 to 60, and after that, considerably more as you bring in business and build relationships.