Book Writer/Editor, Eat This, Not That!
Oprah called Eat This, Not That! "a great guide everyone should get" and Ellen DeGeneres said "Eat This, Not That! will freak the weight right off of you!" And now the series is back—with you developing new books for the New York Times bestselling franchise. You’ll be a one-man-or-woman-band working under founder David Zinczenko to fashion easy, effective diet plans that work for everyone, supported by content from Eat This, Not That!, Cook This, Not That! and our other brands.
As the Book Writer/Editor, you will:
- Work quickly to assign, edit and deliver on schedule easy and effective diet books devoted to trending topics that our readers love.
- Mine content from our well-researched websites and fashion it into irresistible service.
- Be able to manage multiple books at once.
- Have a knack for marketing language, conversational copy, and a nose for what sells.
- Propose subjects for future books.
Please send proof you’ve done this before, along with your resume and cover letter, via the apply button.
About Eat This, Not That!
Starting in a 2002 op-ed in the New York Times and later in 2007 with the Eat This, Not That! series of books, David Zinczenko called for food manufacturers "to provide what every diner in America deserves: full disclosure" and led to calorie counts on menus and healthier formulations of products from Jamba Juice, Carl's Jr. and many more. The blockbuster series—with its pop culture attitude, shocking food swaps and proven "no-diet" weight loss strategies—has gone on to sell 8 million copies, and continues to top the charts, with titles devoted to restaurant menu survival, supermarket shopping guides, healthy pregnancies and rapid weight loss.