NYC-based experiential marketing and events agency, a key United States business unit of global company based in Geneva, Switzerland is interviewing highly organized, energetic and technology savvy self-starting candidates to serve as an Account Manager within the agency. We’re in the business of creating unique and memorable brand experiences. We conceive, execute and specialize in marketing, events, production, promotions, service and white glove VIP hospitality. Our clients and partners include some of the most distinguished names in fashion and beauty, art and culture, music and entertainment, auto and finance and more.
Primary Job Duties
- Daily management of key agency account(s), inclusive of the following:
- Further implementation of existing account strategies
- Research, development and implementation of new account strategies
- Participate on client conference calls, in-person client meetings, an client pitches
- Tracking strategizing of financial goals for client (external) and agency (internal)
- Identify opportunities which will lead to account and revenue growth
- Daily management of key agency partners; talents, influencers, restaurant establishments, etc.
- Lead in the program/event conceptualization processes, both creative and logistical
- Participate in staff meetings and concept brainstorms
- Daily digital and verbal communications with internal and external parties
- Manage support staff who will assist the account management team with all-encompassing event research
- Development/Creation and management of key documents; hospitality decks, transportation spread sheets, production reports, etc.
- Development/Creation and production of event collateral; digital invitations, programs, name tags, signage, menu cards, dinner seating cards, etc.
- Event/Program budget development and management
- All-encompassing on-site activation assistance and management pertaining to three distinct types of events
- Event hospitality
- Experiential events
- Marketing events
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Passion, interest, and solid knowledge of the following luxury sectors: fashion, food, wine, sports, entertainment, automotive
- Creative and “outside the box” thinking
- Strong understanding of marketing and how it interfaces with events
- Experience with financial related events (Fortune 500 a plus)
- Ability to anticipate and quickly respond to the needs and requirements of Agency Clients
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, dynamically changing environment
- Outstanding customer service and hospitality skills
- “In-event” troubleshooting skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment but also exercise and act upon independent judgment with vision, confidence and a discerning eye towards delivering “experiences” and not just events
- Professional behavior skill set to represent Black Flower Agency and its clients in a sophisticated manner within and outside of specific events
- Strong oral, written communication, and creative writing skills
- Pre-event organization and on-site event management
- Firm understanding of guest hospitality
- Strong Computer/Technology Knowledge: MAC proficient, Word, Excel (not just the basics, but a very strong comprehension of Excel formulas), Power Point, Outlook, and In Design, Photoshop and/or CAD
College degree - BA/BS, equivalent university degree or higher
- Black Flower Agency is a business unit of MCI USA, the United States subsidiary of MCI Group (www.mci-group.com).
- Position reports to Agency President.
- Unquestioned work ethic and great organizational skills.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Function as an Agency Team Member in accordance with parent company’s corporate vision and guiding principles, including unquestioned integrity, client-centricity and a quest for lifelong learning.
This is a general job description of work. It is not comprehensive of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Employee will be required to perform other duties as assigned. MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.