Thrillist Media Group (TMG) is obsessed with helping guys live fun lives and reaches over 9 million of them across the globe, every single day. Seamlessly blending content and commerce, TMG digs deep to inform guys how to best spend their time and money across the lifestyle categories they care about most. The TMG family consists of three brands: food, drink and travel property Thrillist; tech-meets-lifestyle site Supercompressor; and style and grooming destination JackThreads.
Thrillist.com is hiring a freelance writer to contribute bar, restaurant, nightlife, and event articles for its Montreal English-language edition. Thrillist provides an opportunity to create exciting content that both local and visiting readers will find entertaining and informative, as well as share with friends on social media. The ideal candidate has an intimate knowledge of the restaurant and bar scene in Montreal, as well as experience as a food, nightlife and/or destination guide writer in digital media. Additionally, candidates with strong photography skills are preferred. An understanding of SEO and social media is critical. This is a chance to work with a winning team in the men’s interest space and help build its future.
- Create relevant and engaging content based on new and best destinations as assigned and pitched
- Work with Editor to generate ideas for new content topics
- Meet regular submission deadlines
- Provide media (e.g., original photography, sourced images, etc.) to accompany copy
- Must be based in or near Montreal
- 3+ years experience writing, with focus on local food and nightlife content
- Acute knowledge of Montreal’s food, bar, nightlife and summer events scenes
- Strong writing skills
- Strong photography skills w/ a DSLR camera preferred
- Deep personal enthusiasm for the best, newest, and coolest places to eat, drink, and have fun
- Appreciation for the Thrillist brand and voice
- Ability to meet regular deadlines while working independently
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.