Thrillist.com is hiring freelance writers to contribute bar, restaurant, nightlife, and event articles for its San Francisco edition. The ideal candidate has an intimate knowledge of the restaurant and bar scene in San Francisco, as well as experience as a food, nightlife and/or destination guide writer in digital media. Additionally, candidates with strong photography skills are preferred.
- Create relevant and engaging content based on new and best destinations as assigned and pitched
- Work with Editor to generate ideas for new content topics
- Meet regular submission deadlines
- Provide media (e.g., original photography, sourced images, etc.) to accompany copy
- Must be based in or near San Francisco
- 3+ years experience writing, with a focus on food/drink/lifestyle/commentary writing
- Strong writing skills
- Strong photography skills w/ a DSLR camera preferred
- Deep personal enthusiasm for the best, newest, and coolest places to eat, drink, and have fun
- Appreciation for the Thrillist brand and voice
- Ability to meet regular deadlines while working independently
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.