Seeker exists where technology, innovation, and the future collide. We celebrate relentless curiosity with an insatiable drive to question, inspire, and create. Seeker Media connects with its audiences through daily videos published on YouTube, Facebook, and our own Seeker.com. We produce best-in-class science content, short documentaries, and ground-breaking virtual reality experiences. Seeker Media is part of Group Nine Media and located in San Francisco, CA.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Motion Graphics Video Editor to join our award-winning creative team. Our ideal candidate knows how to inform and engage large internet audiences and lives to find compelling visual ways to tell stories.
The Sr. Motion Graphics Video Editor role will concept, research, design and edit original content ranging from live action documentaries to short-form motion graphic narratives, and infographics. Candidates must have strong Adobe CC skills, be an expert with After Effects and Premiere Pro, and excel at storytelling in a variety of formats.
The Sr. Motion Graphics Video Editor will possess a high-level of creative resourcefulness with a strong interest in science, technology and VR/360. Candidates bring a well-defined design sense, self-sufficiency, and a keen ability to be a part of talented team that produces and publishes multi-format and multi-platform content.
- Designing and producing engaging nonfiction content in various formats across multiple platforms
- Creating engaging motion graphic video assets for studio productions, field documentaries, VR/360 experiences and new development
- Consistently researching and initiating new motion graphics projects and formats
- Partnering with production & editorial leads to identify content that will translate into beautiful science videos
- Supervising and mentoring Seeker’s video editor team
- Elevating the Seeker video brand aesthetics through motion graphics and storytelling
- Researching the latest design trends to keep Seeker’s brand fresh for our audience and publishing platforms
- Crafting high-quality original concepts with minimal direction
- Prioritizing workload and managing expectations
- Work on creative development, branding and promo initiatives, event coverage
- Perform other duties as needed
- 4+ years of professional experience working in video production, motion graphics and design
- Expert with Adobe CC, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Adobe Media Encoder, Plural Eyes
- Passion for visual storytelling with a strong sense of design, typography, illustration
- Highly creative, organized and able to work independently with little direction
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and able to adapt to changing show styles and schedules
- Enthusiasm and leadership experience to mentor other video editors
- Passion for art, design, science, technology
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-tasking production environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with different video formats, codecs, frame rates, audio compression, and standards for web video
- Experienced shooter and camera operator
- Experience with Cinema 4D
- Passionate consumer of video content on many different platforms
*Please provide links to examples of your most recent work on your resume: demo reel, full story examples, animations.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.