Seeker exists where technology, innovation, and the future collide. We celebrate relentless curiosity with an insatiable drive to question, inspire, and create. Seeker Media connects with its audiences through daily videos published on YouTube, Facebook, and our own Seeker.com. We produce best-in-class science content, short documentaries, and ground-breaking virtual reality experiences. Seeker Media is part of Group Nine Media and located in San Francisco, CA.
The Video Editor role will work closely with Seeker video teams to edit original non-fiction content ranging from studio productions, text driven narratives to field documentaries. Candidates must have strong Adobe CC skills (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects) and excel at storytelling in a variety of formats for different platforms.
The Video Editor will possess a developed level of creative resourcefulness with a strong interest in science and technology. Our ideal candidate knows how to inform and engage large internet audiences and lives to find compelling visual ways to tell stories. We’re looking for an editor with a high-level of self-sufficiency, strong collaboration & communication skills and able to adapt to changing show styles, schedules and feedback.
- Working closely with producers and associate producers to edit hosted studio productions and short-form documentaries on a daily and weekly basis
- Capturing, sourcing and animating additional images, video and assets as needed
- Working closely with show teams for direction, addressing any creative and QC revisions
- Maintaining brand tone & voice and meeting Seeker’s quality standards
- Select appropriate music & sound effects and report appropriate music usage
- Communicate and set appropriate internal expectations based on the scope of each project and episode
- Work on special promo initiatives, remote event coverage or other duties as assigned
- Archive and organize projects to streamline productions and work within Seeker quality & technical standards
- Meet video teams' publishing schedules
- Perform other duties as needed
- 2+ years of professional experience in motion graphics, editing, and animation
- High proficiency with Adobe CC (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder, Illustrator), Plural Eyes
- Highly creative, organized and able to work independently with little direction
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, ever-changing production environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with different video formats, codecs, frame rates, audio compression, and standards for web video
- Passion for art, design, science, technology
- After Effects expert
- Experienced shooter and camera operator
- Experience with Cinema 4D
- Passionate consumer of video content on many different platforms
*Please provide links to examples of your most recent work on your resume: demo reel, full story examples, animations.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.