The NowThis News team is looking for a motivated Associate Producer, Originals to assist Producer and Senior Correspondent in creating news content. The ideal candidate will have working experience in a newsroom or journalism experience. The Associate Producer responsibilities will include research, development, pre-production, and post-production. The ideal candidate is a dedicated self-starter who desires a position with a rapidly growing News outlet and a desire to make an impact in the field of journalism.
- Assist in all aspects of pre-production to include research, scheduling, budgeting, locations, and production planning.
- Assist producer during the production phase of projects as needed. Provide staff support to field teams.
- Overall responsible for post production and delivery of content to include legal, licensing, and administrative requirements.
- Create required supplementary materials to include marketing, social, and operational materials.
- Assist in development and creation of social content on smaller-scale projects, production and creative support for larger scale development series and overall direction of NT.
- Collaborate with other project team members (Writer, Director, LP, Editor, audio, graphics etc.) in planning production and post-production based on the directives of the project or series.
- Follow project through from pre- to post-production, working with project team to ensure it’s executed as conceived and approved, and within budget.
- Research, gather and clear elements for content including appropriate music clips, stock footage, logos, etc.
- Schedule and supervise post-production, i.e. edit, audio, graphics, V.O. towards maintaining creative vision appropriately. Assist editors to choose music and sound effects.
- Working knowledge of production tools for shooting, editing, audio, graphics etc. Stay current with new technologies and capabilities of these tools.
- Facilitate delivery schedule of projects.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with others in conceptualizing ideas for content that breaks new ground creatively for NT.
- Continually seek out and foster relationships with designers, audio engineers, DPs, graphics companies etc. to aid in creative development and production.
- Stay current on trends in social news, politics, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
- With Production support, secure location, hire DP, crew, wardrobe, set designer etc.
- Create shot list/storyboards. Requirements:
- 2-3 years experience as PA or AP
- Knowledge of the news and media industry
- Proficiency with non-linear edit systems, photoshop, InDesign, social media, Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Candidates should submit a C.V. to include three references and a writing sample.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.