NowThis is seeking an Associate Producer to create social video on our Entertainment team. The Associate Producer is the entry level video journalist position at NowThis. The AP will create short-form video stories for mobile and social audiences. Shareable, short-form social videos are the foundation of a NowThis channel, informing our audience with everything they need to know.
This position reports to the Senior Editorial Producer, Entertainment. Please send your resume, cover letter and clips with this application.
- Scour the web and social feeds constantly for the most important, engaging and visual trending news stories of the day and quickly turn them into compelling short-form videos
- Own the video creation process from pitch to publish (ideas, reporting, scripting, asset gathering, video editing, prep for publish)
- Discover and fact check stories using real-time news-gathering tools
- Master the NowThis Entertainment video editing style and graphics package
- Channel the NowThis Entertainment voice, creating smart, digestible scripts that drive social media conversation
- Turn around scripts and video edits on tight deadlines (several quickturn videos per day)
- Conduct interviews with subjects (in person, on social or remotely) as needed to add a unique perspective and push the story forward
- Work breaking news and event coverage when needed, sometimes in off-hours
- At least 1+ year using Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Premiere Pro and Photoshop a must, After Effects is a plus)
- At least 1+ years professional experience in digital media or a newsroom
- At least 2+ years video editing experience
- Ability to work on deadline, under pressure and juggle multiple projects
- A curious, critical thinker, always looking for stories with a passion for video storytelling
- A sharp understanding of social media and video platforms
- Ability to work independently or in small teams
- Eager to collaborate with video makers on projects from start to finish
- Strong grammar, writing and copy editing skills a plus
- Contacts in the entertainment industry including TV, film, music, gaming
- Ability to find new angles on entertainment stories that go beyond the headline
- Familiarity with DSLR cameras, basic lighting and mobile filmmaking a plus
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.