Digital Rights Manager
Thieme Publishers is seeking a Digital Rights Manager. This new position -- located in our New York office -- will be specifically responsible for developing and managing the global digital rights business for the NANDA International, Inc. (NANDA-I ) classification of nursing diagnoses. NANDA-I develops, refines and promotes nursing diagnoses terminology that accurately reflects nurses' clinical judgments. The NANDA-I nursing diagnostic classification is the leading international system of nursing diagnosis and has a broad international customer base.
The position reports to the International Rights Director located in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Sales of the digital rights of the NANDA-I classification in close coordination with NANDA-I for the global market.
- License ancillary products (e.g. teaching videos on NANDA-I classification; electronic teaching and learning program(s) to nursing programs, hospitals, universities and clinicians).
- Find the most suitable partners with the best market access to the respective nursing markets to optimize distribution opportunities and financial return, including regional and country-wide licenses.
- Manage and develop own key accounts for specific products and languages, and maintain positive relationships with partner publishers.
- Administer the license agreements in order to ensure a detailed reporting.
- Liaise and collaborate with NANDA-I (improving own product knowledge, providing annual royalty statements, and reporting on business development)
- Liaise both internally (with Thieme’s International Rights Department, with other departments of the company including the finance/royalty department) and externally (coordination with NANDA-I consultant; clients all over the globe; with developer of the database)
The role offers an exciting and promising area of operation in a well-established company in the medical publishing and services area.
- Familiarity with the electronic medical records (EMR) sector
- Experience in medical database licensing sales and a proven track record of meeting sales targets
- Experience in negotiating and administrating digital license
- First-rate sales and product presentation skills
- Expertise in Nursing science as well as knowledge and understanding of the different care situations/nursing sectors in different countries a plus
- Proven ability to work in a precise, careful and well-structured way
- Proficient at gathering data and compiling key figures and related information
- Excellent intercultural understanding
- Excellent written and spoken English. Ability to speak and read other languages an advantage.
All applications should be sent as PDF, and include cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to the address below. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Apply for Digital Rights Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly