Social Media Producer
We’re excited to expand an already successful social video team by launching Red Clay Media, a startup that will build brands centered around sharable, Southern-focused content. From humor to travel, our social videos will reach audiences throughout the South (and even those Southerners who left and miss home). See some of our work here: http://www.redclaymedia.com/
Red Clay will be the home of:
- This is Alabama, a community that celebrates all the things that make Alabama a great place to live. Since its December launch, This is Alabama has grown to 230K Facebook followers and 37K Instagram followers, and has channels on YouTube, Roku and Apple TV;
- SEC Shorts, a college football comedy series with more than 7 million video views during the 2016 season;
- It’s a Southern Thing, a new regional social brand focused on Southern culture and identity content;
- People of Alabama, a new photographic profile series that will feature more than 700 Alabamians.
If you value building social communities and exploring new ways to reach audiences, we’d like to talk to you about joining us. You’ll join an expanding team of videographers, photographers, writers and social media experts who are obsessed with building communities and connecting with audiences. We’re looking for people willing to experiment, not afraid of change, open to hard work, brainstorming, collaboration, big ideas and taking chances. We’re looking for people who are passionate about creating sharable social content and engaging with audience.
Social media producer/community manager
This role will require someone who proactively seeks new ways to engage our audience across multiple platforms, continuously analyzes performance of social content and re-evaluates tactics based on metrics. We’re seeking someone who keeps up with trends relative to audience engagement, innovates and quickly adjusts based on results.
- active social media presence
- proven experience building, maintaining and engaging an active audience
- experience producing written and visual content, including video
- solid understanding of grammar and ability to write clean copy
- desire to be part of, spark and add to cultural conversations
- recognition and understanding of evolving social tools and trends
- social media monitoring and analysis skills
- self-starter and a multi-tasker
- experience using social media management tools
- enthusiasm for and willingness to discover what Alabama and the South has to offer
If you join us, Alabama will be your playground, but you’ll work out of Birmingham, a city with an affordable lifestyle that’s known for top restaurants, a stellar music scene and rich turf for turning up stories. Birmingham, a metro area of 1.2 million, is a few hours’ drive from beautiful Gulf Coast beaches, Nashville and Atlanta, and it is the heart of a new south revival.
Red Clay is part of Alabama Media Group, where our Emmy-award winning AL.com studios team has produced videos that have generated hundreds of millions in views. Our social brands have more than 1.7 million followers – in a state with fewer than 5 million people. We recently beat out The New York Times, Washington Post and Yahoo to win the AP Sports Editors’ Short Form Video Award. We’ve earned praise for our innovation by the likes of The New Yorker and Advertising Age. We’re part of the leading media company in Alabama, a division of publishing leader Advance Publications, Inc.
If you’ve got the spirit for learning and sharing stories about one of the most culturally rich parts of the United States, and are adaptable, excitable and open to testing, changing, and reacting, don’t be shy -- reach out to us at email@example.com. We encourage you to look to see if there’s a way of fitting your passions and skill sets in with us.