Regional Radio Account Executive
Job Summary: Serve as an Account Executive for StateNets, a media solutions company, representing State Radio Networks to advertising agencies and clients direct. This position requires a minimum of 20% travel balanced with the opportunity to work remotely. Travel and office expenses are provided along with a strong sales support team. The Southeast OR Western regions are available depending upon the location of candidate. Compensation includes a salary and commission. E.O.E
- The ability to prospect, qualify and sell new business.
- Prepare and execute a successful sales plan to meet monthly and yearly goals.
- Regular travel within sales territory.
- Maintain and build close relationships and grow billing with existing clients and all key agencies within the territory.
- Build and maintain a full pipeline of sales prospects.
- Identify needs of prospective clients and develop persuasive presentations to meet these needs using Nielsen research and conceptual strategies.
- Effectively communicate sales progress to internal management and represented state network partners.
- Proactive and thoughtful weekly updates of CRM program.
- Effectively manage marketing/advertising campaigns from start to finish
- Three to five years of successful sales experience. Media broadcast sales experience is preferred.
- Conducts oneself with the highest professional standards.
- Self-motivated; conscientious and disciplined with a strong drive to succeed.
- Ability to think analytically AND creatively.
- Plan, set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and spoken communicator with effective presentation skills.
- Ability to work through a long sales cycle.
- Must be able to prospect and use effective consultative selling principles and practices.
- Must be able to work well under the pressure of multiple deadlines and assignments.
- Competency in Excel and PowerPoint