Digital Content Coordinator
The American Student Dental Association (ASDA) was founded in 1971 and is the largest dental student organization in the United States. With a membership of more than 24,000, ASDA represents 94% of dental students from all 66 dental schools. ASDA representatives vote in the ADA House of Delegates, sit on most ADA councils and commissions and comprise one of the most respected student organizations in the nation. ASDA’s mission is to protect and advance the rights, interests and welfare of dental students. ASDA introduces students to lifelong involvement in organized dentistry and provides services, information, education, representation and advocacy.
ASDA is located off Michigan Avenue, in downtown Chicago, with a staff of 14 and an operating budget of $4.5 million.
The ASDA Digital Content Coordinator is responsible for layout and content of ASDA's website and the Engage microsite. Responsible for day-to-day website modifications using a content management system. Works with other departments to build and send broadcast e-mails and e-newsletters to various audiences and to ensure that website content is relevant, accurate and up-to-date. Develops and manages social media efforts on behalf of the association. Leverages SEO and web analytics to optimize content and make recommendations to staff contributors.
- Ensure information on the website is current and accurate.
- Assess and recommend continued enhancements and technical and design needs for website and blog; suggest improvements to visual layout, content, usability and presentation.
- Develop and maintain social media strategy for Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and other platforms as needed. Maintain content calendar and performance analytics for social media. Oversee member participation in national ASDA's social platforms (contests, takeovers, etc.).
- Create and provide art for meeting apps, website, email communications and social media, as needed.
- Develop and maintain a master content calendar for all web pages. Work cross-departmentally to collect content revisions and update site.
- Use analytics (traffic behavior, users, hits, visitors and downloads) to make recommendations on how to improve the user experience on an ongoing basis; provide reports and analysis to supervisor, committees and the Board of Trustees as requested.
- Write copy for the website, with assistance from staff or members.
- Responsible for renewing digital licenses and domain registrations in a timely fashion.
- Maintain organizational email calendar, build and send broadcast e-mails within Constant Contact regularly, including: Word of Mouth, Advocacy Brief, New Leader, Polished Predental, event promotions and other association communications.
- Manage unsubscribes and undeliverables in Constant Contact.
- Collaborate with Council on Communications on select projects, as directed by staff liaison.
- Contribute to design and video projects as needed.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Some travel and weekend/overtime required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, graphic design or communications-related field.
- One to three years of experience in website editing, usability testing, working with content management systems and analyzing web traffic statistics.
- Knowledge of health care industry and association experience preferred.
- Proficiency using and managing broadcast email tools such as Constant Contact.
- Experience developing and editing web content using a content management system, specifically Sitefinity, Wordpress and CQRC Engage.
- Understanding of SEO and ability to optimize content.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and web editing software. Skilled at using Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign to edit photos, create banners/graphics and email templates.
- Working knowledge of Wordpress and social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat. Experience using software such as iMovie to publish and/or edit videos.
- Attention to detail, able to proofread and input edits error-free.
- Excellent communication, time management, managing projects effectively from start to finish, problem-solving and organizational skills.
This search is being conducted by Tuft & Associates. To apply, please forward your resume electronically with cover letter