Post Production Supervisor
Title: Post Production Supervisor
Program: BRIC TV
Supervisor: Supervising Producer, BRIC TV
Exempt/Non Exempt: Exempt
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
BRIC TV is Brooklyn’s own non-profit cable channel and digital network. From its state-of-the-art, glass-walled studio at BRIC House in Downtown Brooklyn, BRIC TV delivers a bold lineup of documentary series, hyper-local news, politics, music, comedy, scripted series, podcasts and more. We are community media with an edge; a megaphone for the under-represented; and a patron of the independent arts. BRIC TV is Brooklyn without boundaries.
Purpose of Position:
The Post Production Coordinator works as an integral part of the BRIC TV team. They focus on all aspects of post-production, designing and maintain post production workflows and contributing to pitching and editing of pieces and series as needed.
- Create and manage post-production workflows from ingest to final delivery to ensure proper formatting and encoding for various distribution outlets (cablecast, streaming and digital.)
- Create, update, distribute and implement style guides for several content streams
- Work with Supervising & Senior Producers to set and maintain a calendar of post-production activities across all content streams.
- Work with Associate Producers, Editors and Production Assistants to prepare, edit and deliver shows and segments for various broadcast and digital outlets.
- Work with IT/Engineering on best practices and naming protocols to ingest large amounts of archived footage and accompanying metadata into EMAM system.
- Recruit, hire and oversee freelance editors and assistant editors.
- Assist staff in troubleshooting Adobe Premier + Media Encoder software;
- Maintain edit workstations technically and organizationally.
- Maintain networked server, organizationally.
- Work with Motion Graphics Animator and Supervising & Senior Producers on scheduling graphics builds and determining creative direction.
- Edit projects as needed.
- Pitch and produce stories for and about Brooklyn for BRIC TV.
- Bachelors’ degree in Media, Film, or TV
- At least 3 year of work experience managing post-production in a network or post-production environment
- Working knowledge of After Effects, graphics programs, audio post production, and color grading
- Knowledge of industry standard codecs and coding for digital and mobile platforms
- Knowledge of EMAM or similar Data Asset Management systems a plus
- Proficiency in non-linear editing environments, specifically Adobe Premiere
- Strong computer and communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience as a filmmaker/media maker a plus.
Salary and Schedule
Full-time 40 hours/week, some night and weekend work is required. Strong benefits package. Salary range is $48,000 - $50,000 depending on experience.
How to Apply
Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume and link to a video reel, or editing examples. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Post Production Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly