Post Production Supervisor
Title: Post Production Supervisor
Program: BRIC TV
Supervisor: Supervising Producer, BRIC TV
Exempt/Non Exempt: Exempt
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
BRIC TV is Brooklyn’s own non-profit cable channel and digital network. From its state-of-the-art, glass-walled studio at BRIC House in Downtown Brooklyn, BRIC TV delivers a bold lineup of documentary series, hyper-local news, politics, music, comedy, scripted series, podcasts and more. We are community media with an edge; a megaphone for the under-represented; and a patron of the independent arts. BRIC TV is Brooklyn without boundaries.
Purpose of Position:
The Post Production Coordinator works as an integral part of the BRIC TV team. They focus on all aspects of post-production, designing and maintain post production workflows and contributing to pitching and editing of pieces and series as needed.
- Create and manage post-production workflows from ingest to final delivery to ensure proper formatting and encoding for various distribution outlets (cablecast, streaming and digital.)
- Create, update, distribute and implement style guides for several content streams
- Work with Supervising & Senior Producers to set and maintain a calendar of post-production activities across all content streams.
- Work with Associate Producers, Editors and Production Assistants to prepare, edit and deliver shows and segments for various broadcast and digital outlets.
- Work with IT/Engineering on best practices and naming protocols to ingest large amounts of archived footage and accompanying metadata into EMAM system.
- Recruit, hire and oversee freelance editors and assistant editors.
- Assist staff in troubleshooting Adobe Premier + Media Encoder software;
- Maintain edit workstations technically and organizationally.
- Maintain networked server, organizationally.
- Work with Motion Graphics Animator and Supervising & Senior Producers on scheduling graphics builds and determining creative direction.
- Edit projects as needed.
- Pitch and produce stories for and about Brooklyn for BRIC TV.
- Bachelors’ degree in Media, Film, or TV
- At least 3 year of work experience managing post-production in a network or post-production environment
- Working knowledge of After Effects, graphics programs, audio post production, and color grading
- Knowledge of industry standard codecs and coding for digital and mobile platforms
- Knowledge of EMAM or similar Data Asset Management systems a plus
- Proficiency in non-linear editing environments, specifically Adobe Premiere
- Strong computer and communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience as a filmmaker/media maker a plus.
Salary and Schedule
Full-time 40 hours/week, some night and weekend work is required. Strong benefits package. Salary range is $48,000 - $50,000 depending on experience.
How to Apply
Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume and link to a video reel, or editing examples. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.