Public Relations Account Executive
CooperKatz is Hiring: Account Executive – “Best Agency to Work For” Award Winner
CooperKatz, an independent, award-winning PR agency, is looking for an Account Executive (AE) to join our team. We are seeking a Renaissance person who brings enthusiasm, intelligence and genuine curiosity to every communications challenge. We value individuals, work-life balance and an empowered, collaborative culture.
As an AE, you will play a key role on a range of engaging accounts. We offer competitive compensation, work-from-home flexibility and tremendous opportunity for growth. We have been honored as one of the Best Agencies to Work For by industry publication, The Holmes Report and also named by Crain’s New York Business as one of the best places to work in New York City.
CooperKatz provides a dynamic agency environment, and our employees have the opportunity to work for a variety of exciting clients across professional services, finance and banking, healthcare and education, consumer and technology sectors, among many others.
The AE position requires 1-2 years of agency / in-house public relations experience. Candidates must have strong writing skills, experience with media relations and familiarity with digital / social media strategy and execution. The individual hired will work across multiple industry sectors, so he/she must have the ability to quickly ramp-up on new subject matter, including a willingness to invest the time it takes to gain a deep understanding of each client’s business.
- Supervising the work of Account Coordinators and interns and providing edits on work including: media list creation, media coverage documents / tracking, first drafts of written materials, client correspondence, etc.
- Liaising with and offering appropriate updates and counsel to client contacts
- Executing discrete projects / initiatives, tracking from start to finish
- Writing materials to support the execution of client programs, including media pitches, backgrounders / briefing documents, fact sheets, blog posts and other social media content
- Drafting complex materials such as bylines and press releases
- Developing comprehensive mainstream and social media target lists, connecting with a broad range of outlet types and contacts
- Securing print, online and broadcast coverage for clients through targeted media outreach and pitching
- Tracking news trends and suggesting higher level pitching and media outreach concepts
- Arranging and participating in client media interviews
- Supporting the execution of client programs such as special events, video productions and promotions
- Participating in the development of and driving social media strategy for client accounts, working across a wide range of channels (i.e., blogs, micro-blogging, social networks, social news sites, etc.)
- Preparing and compiling client coverage reports, writing correspondence, organizing mailings, maintaining databases, doing research, tracking budgets, etc.
- Contributing to all aspects of account planning and strategy – including participating in client and / or internal team meetings, brainstorms, etc.
- Participating in creative development for new business prospects
- Providing recommendations on how to improve ongoing campaigns and projects
Learn more about CooperKatz & Company on the Web (www.cooperkatz.com), Facebook (www.facebook.com/cooperkatz), Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/cooperkatzpr) and YouTube (www.youtube.com/cooperkatzandco).
Submit your cover letter and resume.