Senior Copywriter (Shopper Marketing)
Life is short. Do great things and work somewhere awesome!
We pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming culture, a no drama policy, and clients that we can be proud of. We encourage you to flex your creative muscles, stay positive, and consistently push yourself to do more, be more and bring more. If you’re composed under pressure, not afraid to succeed and cherish a work-life balance, this may be the job for you! Reporting to the Creative Director, the Senior Copywriter is responsible for working directly with other members of the creative team in concepting and executing communication solutions for integrated, cross-channel initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
• Writes creative, on-strategy copy across all channels.
• Writes and edits materials.
• Follows industry best-practices and provided guidelines.
• Shares visual ideas.
• Partners with other team members to develop ideas that are on-brief and on-strategy.
• Ensures flawless attention to detail and execution of work.
• Collaborates with project teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects.
• Maintains stewardship of client’s brand language, tone, and standards.
• Creates a range of ideas and copy that supports the concepts.
• Partners with Account team to solve problems.
• Maintains file-management, using consistent naming conventions and procedures.
• May manage multiple projects and/or mentor less experienced peers.
• May be responsible for maintaining budget parameters.
• May be responsible for client relationships.
Additional Job Responsibilities
• Create outstanding copy for various marketing communications
• Fluent in today’s technologies and media with respect to marketing
• Actively participate in concept development / brainstorm sessions
• Able to understand and apply a brand’s voice to all communication materials
• Possess strong conceptual vision and an ability to execute quality integrated copy against strategic business objectives
• Reference and annotate when necessary
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
• Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
• Produce concepts independently and provides guidance to more junior staff.
• Able to utilize excellent spelling and grammar and punctuation.
• Knowledge of AMA guidelines for referencing and annotating.
• Highly conceptual thinker, partners with team to develop and guide idea generation.
• Understands the values of the brief.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Working knowledge of relevant software.
• Able to partner with Account team to answer client needs and ensure on-strategy creative.
• Understanding of digital technology, and how to use it to enhance the creative idea. Alert to social, mobile and developing technologies.
• Able to sell and defend work.
• Able to present to internal or external audiences.
• Able to think strategically.