Agency Operations Analyst
What you’ll be doing...
This position will provide planning (some Project Management) and operations support to the agency relations team. They will be responsible for the short and long term organizational planning and support issues. The Role will also drive on time delivery of key initiatives for the team that promote process improvement and long-term operational excellence.
Responsible for the development and oversight of all planning and logistics for the annual Agency Summit, Agency QBRs and Agency Performance Reviews via the development of project plans, cross organization coordination and planning with clients, stakeholders and agencies. Will manage the on time delivery of team initiatives by aggregating and monitoring all team project plans (will full ownership for some) Will also monitor agency trends and benchmarks for processes, compensation, and other special projects
The Senior Consultant is also responsible for T/E and OOP expense budget management, agency fee Commitment IDs and on time payments and issue resolution as needed and management reporting as required.
Primary responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
Project Management & Reporting
- Provide regular management reporting on key initiatives, milestones, and performance.Manage communication and operational alignment with marketing and agency clients.Coordinate communication through a variety of reporting formats/vehicles including weekly/monthly management reports, agency communications, staff meetings, monthly reviews and operations reviews.Develop executive agendas, communication and meeting materials.
- Create work plans for specific initiatives and work cross functionally with the appropriate team members and client groups in marketing (Corp/BU) Monitor and report on progress toward program objectives. Problem solve and escalate where needed to minimize risks and achieve plan goals.Manage Adfellows program intiatives and planning of all meetings (invites, agenda, and logistics) as well as some key work stream initiatives for the program including technology support, brand standards, App Maintenance/Development.Provide training and reporting across all agencies for diversity spend and staffing diversity/inclusion measures and reports provided for CMO.Develop overall CMO diversity reports for all diverse spend.
- Coordinate, communicate and manage director expense budget for the organization, ensuring targets are understood and met. Assist with forecasting and allocation within the organizational teams for annual budgeting process as it relates to T/E and OOP. Also responsible for management of all YOY accruals for agency spendTrack and support timely approval of expense invoices, P-Cards and agency invoices. Provide rationale and other supporting data as needed for executive approvals.Assist organization with communications, project management or other support to ensure expenses are incurred and paid in accordance with Verizon policies.
- Act as a single point of contact with HR to coordinate employee transfers, hiring, on boarding, reductions and overall organizational structure.
What we’re looking for...
Required Skills & Experience
- 7 + years total experience in Operations, Program/Project Management or similarBachelor’s Degree Some agency experience and interaction preferred. Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionallyAbility to establish plans, monitor and report on program/project statusMust be able to clearly and regularly communicate status, issues, and risks to stakeholdersExcellent meeting coordination and logisticsSolid ability to identify, develop and quantify any required corrective action plansAbility to work accurately under time pressures; and ability to work independently with minimal supervision in an environment with frequently changing business needsExercises considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining resultsExcellent written and verbal communications skillsStrong proficiency in creating presentation materials for executive reviewStrong analytical skills and attention to detail Comfort in working up and across the organization –working with executive staff within and across the organizationExperience handling extremely confidential information appropriatelyProficiency with MS Office suite
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.