Publicist, BuzzFeed News (Contract)
BuzzFeed News is hiring a Show Publicist who will work with the BuzzFeed News communications team, along with show staff, to strategize, execute, and manage numerous aspects of publicity for BuzzFeed's upcoming morning show.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assisting the BuzzFeed News communications team with a sweeping promotional campaign hitting a wide-range of multimedia outlets ahead of the show's launch
- Creation of press kit materials and media lists
- Daily media outreach promoting the show's content prior to the start of each show, and a recap of highlights after
- Working with the BuzzFeed News communications team on any media relations and communications related to the show
- Extensive collaboration with editorial production teams
The ideal candidate must love mornings, spend much (or too much!) of the day on Twitter, and have 3-5 years of experience organizing, planning, and executing publicity campaigns for talk/news programming or entertainment brands. She or he has cultivated strong relationships with contacts in print, online, TV, radio, and social platforms. She or he also demonstrates a deep understanding and passion for the digital space and will bring an innovative approach to crafting and telling our show’s story.
This is a short-term role starting in late August and continuing through mid-December with the potential to evolve into a more permanent position.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.