Project Management Associate, Communications
Job ID 2017-9876
Campus New York
Posting Date 8/10/2017
Employee Classification Exempt
Department Communications and Public Affairs - Manhattan
Position Type Regular Full-Time
More information about this job:
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University - http://yu.edu/ (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to "bring wisdom to life" through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University's retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with all Communication & Public Affairs department heads, the Project Management professional is the primary liaison between university clients and the Office of Communications and Public Affairs, acting as both Account Executive and Production Coordinator. S/he builds client relationships and ensures the effective and efficient completion of projects, overseeing scheduling, budgeting, the coordination of creative work, and the approval process. In addition, s/he coordinates external paid media placements for the University.
This position is crucial to the effective operation of CPA, as the department is the hub for internal and external print and digital projects. The Project Associate will work in collaboration with the Director of Creative Services, Director of Advertising and Interactive Media and the Director of Marketing and Communications, as well as with University clients and departments, to support the University's branding, outreach and promotion.
- Intake projects and ensure that appropriate internal procedures are followed
- Develop production timelines and coordinate with all appropriate CPA teams to ensure follow through; oversee the internal project approval process
- Obtain competitive bids with outside vendors for printing and other services; coordinate outside freelance assignments
- Coordinate paid media placements with Director of Advertising and Interactive Media and University clients
- Act as liaison between University clients and the creative team for the creation, production and approval of advertisements, flyers, banners, print and digital materials
- Respond to rush and/or emergency requests and coordinate with the appropriate teams/vendors
- Coordinate the media placement of obituaries for the University
- Ensure accurate record keeping, file management
Experience and Educational:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, advertising or related field; project management courses or certificate a plus
- Minimum of three years' experience in publishing or advertising in a corporate or higher education environment
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to use project management software tools
- Ability to work with a diverse array of clients, and to effectively manage deadlines and priorities
- Communication skills necessary to be effective with clients and internal teams
- Understanding of the creative process and ability to work effectively with a creative team
- Knowledge of print and digital production
- Knowledge of marketing, ad buying and placement
- Knowledge of local, regional and national Jewish media a plus
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/r9h2bvgrsrbk5yfj