Event Attendance Recruitment Manager
Located in New York City, a leading B2B Publishing company is seeking an Event Attendance Recruitment Manager to drive Chain Store Age event attendance. This is a fast-paced position that requires some travel, approximately six trips a year.
- Develop and execute retailer recruitment plan to drive CSA event attendance, including telemarketing, direct emails and bulk emails, social media outreach and direct mail activities.
- Build relationships across the industry and find opportunities to leverage toward attendance goals.
- Create targeted messaging for different attendee prospects; write phone scripts and email messaging.
- Respond to incoming email and phone inquiries.
- Research competitive events for attendee prospects; develop and update attendee prospect lists for recruitment.
- Develop good awareness of competitive landscape with a focus on overall recruitment positioning.
- Attend competitive events (as able) to meet and recruit attendee prospects.
- Interface and work with the group publisher, executive director of events, and internal support departments to accomplish attendance goals.
- Provide ongoing concierge service to current attendees, assisting with hotel and travel needs, etc.
- Develop and maintain a presence and profile at SPECS and X/SPECS, and provide onsite event assistance.
- Prior related experience in an online media publishing company preferred.
- Deep experience in digital and social media marketing.
- Highly intelligent strategist with proven track record of driving successful strategies to grow event attendance.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a very fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business priorities.
- Pleasant, professional phone manner skills.
- Able to work independently but also as a team member.
- Some travel is required, approximately 5% - 10%.