Audience Engagement Specialist
On the air and off, in front of the cameras, and behind the scenes, everyone at WNET has the opportunity to grow, learn and make an impact on the world. WNET Public Media . . . careers with impact.
A new opportunity has opened for an Audience Engagement Specialist to develop, assess and optimize multi-platform marketing campaigns to increase audiences and viewer engagement for signature public media series. Working across the organization – social media, web and series production – the Audience Engagement Specialist will work to create buzz and drive engagement with programs by identifying program priorities, creating messaging and assets and planning and executing activities to support engagement efforts. Additional responsibilities include:
- Work closely with producers and department leadership to define campaign goals, execute flawlessly and clearly communicate results.
- Identify, plan and execute data-driven, creative, measurable social media, media and community engagement activities
- Create assets and editorial for paid and organic social media, banner ads, website and blog copy, publicity materials and e-newsletters to improve outcomes
- Identify and engage appropriate thought leaders and influencers to support campaign goals
- Ensure alignment of series messaging in station fundraising and education materials
- Cooperatively and productively work across departments to achieve shared goals
Qualified candidates will have a BA/BS or equivalent experience along with a minimum of three years of experience in digital marketing, audience engagement and/or demand generation with a proven track record of developing creative, strategic solutions to grow audiences. Strong writing skills and a solid understanding of paid media elements (bid management, keyword targeting, and quality score optimization) is required. In addition, qualified candidates will have experience managing and executing email and web-based marketing campaigns, publicity and campaign analysis, and a demonstrated ability to write for a variety of platforms including social media, blogs, media pitches and SEO.
Candidates with experience in design and editing of social media elements and/or buying in social media channels are preferred.
WNET, home of THIRTEEN, WLIW21, and PMNJ, is the flagship public television broadcaster in the New York City tri-state area and the most-watched public television channel in the nation. Through our on-air and online assets, we reach millions of people with programming that celebrates arts and culture, offers insightful commentary on the news of the day, explores the worlds of science and nature, and invites students of all ages to have fun while learning.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
WNET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. No phone calls, please.