Senior Manager - Public Sector Solutions
What you’ll be doing...This position within the Wireless Business Product Management team is focused on developing and managing a strategy, business plan and solutions for the Public Sector Wireless product space. The Sr manager for Public Sector will be responsible for creating the delivery strategy for all products, solutions and services specific to this segment. S/he will be responsible for aligning priorities across different delivery engines that will intersect in the process. This position will supplement existing product management for Government customer segment, such as Federal, State and Local, and Education, working within a consistent framework to achieve customer-focused product outcomes. The Sr. Mgr – Prod Mgt/Dev position is responsible for managing a team of four Product Managers, and for driving growth through development, enhancement and management of wireless products, services and solutions that solve business and Public Sector challenges. This position will establish Verizon as the premier provide of Public Sector solutions. This Manager is responsible for the end-to-end management of all assigned Wireless product solutions, including mid-to-high level activities such as client requirements collection, analysis, and leading product development and enhancements/refinements through the product lifecycle. This role includes setting and communicating product strategy, establishing routes to appropriate markets/channels, and leading the resulting product management efforts.This position will manage the daily work responsibilities and provide end to end services for a team of Product Managers to include but not limited to the following assignments:.
- Align and strategize Wireless Public Sector product needsDrive collaboration across all product areas as needed.Manage team of four product managers delivering Public Sector specific products, features and capabilities.Support product inquiries from national PMO, sales, events, and outreach initiatives.Build strong working relationships with internal and external Public Sector Customer communities to position Clients for successful outcomes Address gaps and opportunities in overall organizational effectivenessGenerate market intelligence and opportunity assessmentsCollaborate effectively across the Enterprise footprintEnsure product development efforts yield desired Customer and financial outcomes
- Driving new development initiatives from inception through launch including managing the product development launch processesDevelop product requirements; use cases; user stories and other information to lead the solution through the development processesEvaluate software and/or hardware solutionsOwn business execution plan for assigned solutions, products, etc. and work with BU marketing and other teams for delivery of associated business revenue and profitability goals.Identifying ongoing opportunities for operational efficiencies, to ensure customer satisfaction in order to continue revenue growth and increased market shareCommunicate product vision and strategies to varied audiences, including executives and cross functional teamsEngagement with customers, sales, and BU marketing, and other stakeholders to define the requirements and roadmapQuarterly business reviews with vendors to drive business objectivesCustomer engagement where necessary to drive escalated support issues.The individual in this role will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with other resources; including Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Network, IT, Finance, Legal, PR, Policy and Go-to-Market.
- Management of development budgetsBe accountable for annual revenue targets for servicesReporting and Analytics with the ability to identify trends and opportunitiesRegular Operation Review Presentations and Status Updates
What we’re looking for...You'll need to have
- Bachelors Degree or six or more years of work experienceSix or more years of relevant work experienceProduct Management experience.
- Product development and management experience for products delivering in excess of $250M+ in revenue.3+ years of experience managing a team of product management, marketing, or technical professionals4+ years of business analysis4+ years Wireless Public Sector solutions experienceDemonstrated robust business understanding of large enterprise wireless solutions in the Public-Sector spaceIdeal candidate will have established a personal brand in the Public-Sector marketplace and have leverageable contacts that will directly impact Verizon’s product management business objectives Ability to conduct requirements or design sessionsStrong project management skills to execute on roadmap, moving a project from inception to completionUnderstanding of technology landscapeStrong written and oral communication skills at multiple levels of an organizationThe ability to work on a team and independently on multiple high priority projectsAbility to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a “win-win” approachAn understanding of key enterprise wireless networking technologies (including competing offerings)Fundamental understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)Experience writing marketing requirements and developing processes to launch products to a diverse sales organizationsProven organizational and interpersonal skills, plus proven relationship building abilitiesStrong problem solving skills. Must be able to identify and escalate potential issues as well as recommend and implement solutionsHigh technical aptitudeAbility to create use cases with a focus on delivering a quality customer experienceAbility to manage multiple high-visibility, complex technical projectsMS/MBA preferred
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.