Wireless Business Product Manager
What you’ll be doing...The Manager/Product Manager is responsible for driving growth through development, enhancement and management of Wireless Network products, services and solutions that solve business challenges. The Product Manager will be part of a cross functional team responsible for defining strategy, requirements and commercial model, of wireless products positioning Verizon as the premier destination for Public Sector customers.You will be expected to capture new product requirements including Wireless Tools/Services; develop customer messaging on wireless topics; life cycle management for wireless tools/services; maintain customer facing wireless technology roadmap and provide strategic account support (pre and post Sales) for the Verizon Public Sector Sales team.A qualified candidate should be extremely knowledgeable on how the Verizon Wireless network is architected as well as how to drive the requirements of Public Sector customers through agile product development process, supporting the commercial release in collaboration with the business unit, and provide post-launch support. The candidate must have a full understanding of the impacts of any new feature on the existing operation and performance of the network. A qualified candidate must be able to articulate customer needs internally so they can be translated into a finished product. Candidate requirements include all of the following:
- Define strategy and roadmap for Public Sector initiatives compliant with 3GPP release 14.Liaise across different products to align on delivery strategy.Secure business commitments across organizations.
- Establish and maintain cross-functional relationships with other resources including Product Development, Marketing, Network, IT, Legal, and Regulatory.Communicate product vision and strategies to varied audiences, including executives and cross functional teams.Engagement with customers, sales, and BU marketing, and other stakeholders to define the requirements and roadmap.Translate customer requirements into product requirements, advocating best practices for Network in areas related to Enterprise support and engagements.
- Provide subject matter expertise in QoS, EPC, and transport network layer parameters.Deliver best-in-class Wireless Network solutions that exceed the customer's expectations while upholding Verizon's network requirements.Solutions should have technical, financial, and competitive advantages for Verizon as well as providing recommendations to address gaps in current or planned product and service offerings.
What we’re looking for...You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or six or more years of work experience.Six or more years of relevant work experience.Six or more years of Product Management and Telecommunications experience.
- Bachelor's degree, B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent field, MS or MBA preferred.Five or moreyears of Product Management experience.Five or moreyears of telecommunications experience and LTE proficiency.Understanding of 4G/LTE network elements.Highly proficient in understanding how bearer traffic is allocated Quality of Service (QoS), QCI, EPC, and core network nodes.Qualified candidate should be knowledgeable on how the Verizon Wireless network is architected as well as how to design and integrate solutions into the network.Candidate should have a full understanding of the impacts of any new feature on the existing operation and performance of the network.Qualified candidate should be able to articulate customer needs internally so they can be translated into a finished product.Excellent communication and advanced presentation skills including demonstrated experience with executive level customer presentations.Proven ability to develop and implement interdepartmental processes and procedures designed to support common network and sales goals.Strong design skills and problem solving capabilities.Strong project management skills to execute on roadmap, moving a project from inception to completion.The ability to work on a team and independently on multiple high priority projects.Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a “win-win” approach.Proven organizational and interpersonal skills, plus proven relationship building abilities.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.