Assistant digital content manager
Chicago Parent seeks a digital native for an immediate hire who will be charged with helping build digital traffic at ChicagoParent.com.
* Work closely with the digital editor on building traffic online and growth in all social media platforms.
* Help plan and execute content for ChicagoParent.com, including editing of print magazine stories to work best online, refreshing popular older content, editing of blogs as assigned and creation of digital only content.
* Produce three weekly and several monthly newsletters, including rounding up editorial content and the placing of ads and sponsored content.
* Oversee creation and administration of weekly contests.
* Work with the sales team to create sponsored content and online paid directories.
* Some office administration duties.
Applicants must have familiarity with Chicago area and the parenting niche, proven experience with social media and digital platforms, solid writing and editing skills and must work well with sales department to accomplish goals. Must be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who can work as part of a team as well as independently. Knowledge of basic HTML a must, experience with a CMS ideal.