Communications Manager (Virtual, anywhere in U.S.)
Do you have a passion for the written word? Do you have strong communication skills, an attention to detail, and a tireless commitment to providing an excellent customer experience? Do an entrepreneurial company, team, and environment help you perform at your peak?
Allied Health Media (AHM) is seeking a Communications Manager to create compelling creative across our online, offline, sales, and conference communications vehicles. This position will work collaboratively with the design, ecommerce, marketing, and editorial teams to produce creative executions in support of our continuing education websites and communities. The Communications Manager will also work to develop Public Relations initiatives to enhance the company’s overall earned media strategy, and engage in corporate communications projects as needed.
A leader in online education, AHM is comprised of passionate individuals dedicated to providing an unparalled online learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the professionals we serve. Learn more at http://www.alliedhealthmedia.com, and its continuing education subsidiary http://www.continued.com.
- Manage workflow by working with copywriter(s) (and contractors) to ensure copywriting projects are executed within the defined communication style and brand guidelines across online and offline mediums including print, direct mail, email, web, and social media
- Develop CEO communications to build external brand awareness for all company subsidiaries
- Complete copywriting projects within the defined communication style and brand guidelines across online and offline mediums including print, direct mail, email, web, and social media
- Write appealing sales content for multiple communications executions including media kits, conference collateral, and newsletters
- Review customer-facing content across departments to ensure compliance with brand tone
- Own the process for all copy development, from receipt of briefs to final execution
- Collaborate across teams to ensure that the appeal, directness, and effectiveness of all copy is maximized for each audience
- Maintain a library of current and compliant copy for utilization across executions
- Audit all current online and offline copy for compliance with external requirements and edit as appropriate
- Identify Public Relations and other earned media opportunities to increase brand awareness and consideration
- Draft company press releases in support of Public Relations initiatives as required
The Communications Manager will be held accountable and performance will be evaluated on the following:
- Driving increased awareness, consideration, investigation, and conversion for each brand
- Company and brand-specific revenue and customer acquisition and retention targets
- Project-related deliverables throughout the year
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Creative Writing, English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- 5+ of experience copywriting in a business or agency environment
- Knowledge of different writing styles and techniques required to appeal to different audiences across multiple platforms (web, print, sales, mobile)
- Experience in working collaboratively in a dynamic environment with design and UI/UX teams
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with multiple complex projects running concurrently
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulately, and persuade key stakeholders on the viability, practicality, and emotional benefit of your recommendations
- Experience with trade show, conference, and association marketing preferred
- US resident, eligible to work in the US full-time
- Able to work from home during regular business hours
- Able to travel occasionally for department and company meetings
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered. Please provide a cover letter with your resume. In your cover letter please include 1) a short paragraph describing a copywriting or communications project that you are most proud of, and why; 2) your salary requirements.