Content Writer / Researcher
Who We Are
OMGYES is an mission-driven company. Our mission is to fill the gap in scientific understanding around sexual pleasure. Because the topic doesn't receive research funding, misinformation flourishes, unchecked by empirical facts. We fund research through surveys, University partnerships and interviews. And we turn the results into published papers in scientific journals and welcoming but specific content on OMGYES.com for the public. Each round of content is sold for a one-time fee of $39 like buying a book. The revenue funds ongoing research and production.
Some Current Topics
• Sex after menopause is treated today like a disorder - with lists of 'symptoms' and problems. No one had ever asked thousands of older women what insights made their pleasure better or what ways their experiences of pleasure changed. We're gathering that wisdom and distilling it.
• Sex during pregnancy and postpartum, similarly, is a topic ridden with anecdote and misinformation. We conduct the research to set the record straight.
What You’ll Do
- Read open-end survey responses and distill insights. Present the insights in engaging, relatable copy.
- Reach out to sources and partner academics/researchers for clarifications and elaboration.
- Gather knowledge by creating additional qualitative surveys using Typeform.
- Copywriting website, facebook social copy, press releases, responses to press inquiries.
- Collaborate with in-house researchers, production and product teams.
Who You Are
- 2 - 4 years minimum of writing and copy editing experience in digital media or journalism.
- Ideally a Graduate Degree in Journalism, Sociology, Psychology.
- You have an eye for typos and grammar errors that affect credibility with our audience.
- Familiarity with AP style guidelines. But most importantly, can write fluidly in an accessible, non-clinical, jargon-free tone.
- Possess an interest and understanding of OMGYES's mission and content.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and can create timelines and stick to them.
- Possess empathy to understand the nuanced ways language can alienate parts of the audience.
- Ability to discuss, read about and write about highly specific sexual behaviors and preferences.
On Site or Remote
- This position can be in-office in our Berkeley headquarters or could be remote.
- Remote writers require excellent communication skills and time-management/time-reporting skills.