Senior Social Video Creator
Who We Are
OMGYES is an mission-driven company. Our mission is to fill the gap in scientific understanding around sexual pleasure. Because the topic doesn't receive research funding, misinformation flourishes, unchecked by empirical facts. We fund research through surveys, University partnerships and interviews. And we turn the results into published papers in scientific journals and welcoming but specific content on OMGYES.com for the public. Each round of content is sold for a one-time fee of $39 like buying a book. The revenue funds ongoing research and production.
OMGYES is seeking a Video Producer / Editor / Storyteller for social video. You will use a combination of our original footage and will scour the internet for creative commons and rights-available footage as options for your text-on-screen social videos. You will find and manage video freelancers or potentially shoot footage yourself. All resulting video is for Facebook / Instagram.
Shareable, short-form, text-on-screen social videos are a primary way we engage with users all over the world.
- Channel the OMGYES voice, style and high production quality to create smart, digestible videos to help us overcome the taboo around sexual pleasure
- Turn around thoughtful footage options and edits
- Work closely with the Founders to hone in on best types of footage for the brand and for each story.
- Be a go-to source for questions on visual options and ideas for a given script.
- Keep an organized list of where each source-clip came from and its type of license/rights and copyright owner.
- Contact media owners for permissions when applicable.
- Go through our extensive footage to find and catalogue beautiful B-roll.
- At least 2-4 years professional experience producing, gathering footage and editing video stories for a company like NowThis, ATTN, Buzzfeed or equivalent
- A passion for high production value video and storytelling
- A reel of polished, sophisticated fully-edited text-on-screen stories that have run on social media
- Obsessed with online video and the various ways it can be acquired, from vimeo's and youtube's rights-managed search tools to stock libraries and providers
- Proven ability to work on deadline, under pressure, and juggle multiple projects to completion
- Seriously organized
- A curious, visual, critical thinker
- A sharp understanding of social media video conventions.
- Ability to work independently and a love for collaborating in small teams
- Eager to collaborate with video writers and editors on projects from start to finish
- Ability to find new visual angles on that go beyond the obvious