Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives. We bring our passion, expertise, and taste to bear on the things that are truly worth your time and money. Life is for living, and that’s why we’re here. Today will be great.
At Thrillist, our mission is to ensure that people can find amazing things to do with their time -- and every month, millions of those people discover exactly that on our site via search. We're looking to add an SEO Specialist with experience editing and crafting headlines specifically for SEO. Naturally, he/she/they know how to make stories climb up the search ranks via keyword research, linking, and data-driven story pitches and insights.
- Identify SEO opportunities throughout all the categories covered by Thrillist.com
- Track SEO progress and create reports that show growth, bumps in the road, and opportunities
- Stay abreast of competitors sites and create strategies to further develop our page ranks
- Use third-party tools to identify areas we need to improve
- Daily tuning up of all SEO-relevant fields of every story we publish
- Communicate clearly and effectively with various wings of the editorial team
- Periodically review our site and ensure it's marked up properly
- Understand our editorial mission every bit as deeply as everyone else on the team
- A bachelor's degree and at least one to three years of editorial experience
- Knowledge of SEO and and if not, a willingness to learn best practices for SEO
- Keep up with what's going on in SEO, by reading blogs and always driving to be at the forefront of knowledge
- The ability to work incredibly fast at a high level, and make calls on the fly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Love digging deep into data and finding the answers
- Be intensely analytical in all ways
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.