Assistant Account Executive/Account Executive
We are currently looking for an AAE/AE who would work directly with the agency Founder and all members of SFPR's close knit team. This person will assist in daily office tasks as well as bigger picture PR objectives for clients.
This person's responsibilities will include writing press releases, bios and all press kit materials produced for client relations. The candidate will also need to have excellent media pitching and communications skills as they will be pitching story ideas to reporters/editors, in an effort to generate maximum, positive publicity for all SFPR clients. The candidate must be results-driven with knowledge of the media across both print and online platforms.
A Day In the Life:
- Help manage daily activities on accounts as assigned.
- Oversee completion of all projects and assignments on an on-going basis.
- Write press materials including pitches, press releases, media alerts, photo captions and biographies as needed.
- Develop and maintain solid media relationships with journalists, bloggers and social media influencers, especially in the luxury and lifestyle realm
- Prepare meeting agendas, notes, reports, etc.
- Comfortable reaching out to media to secure placements.
- Supervise and mentor interns.
- Keep track of product requests, help maintain brands’ product inventory, follow up on media requests.
- Assist with client initiatives and events.
- Organize and attend events.
- Secure consistent media placements for clients through proactive pitching and consistent follow up.
- Maintain the agency’s social media channels.
- Stay up to speed on current industry news, trends and technology
What You'll Need/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of PR agency experience.
- Native English speaker; knowledge of Italian is a plus.
- Must live in New York and have a work visa prior to applying.
- Strong interest in Public Relations specifically within the luxury lifestyle industry.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must have strong communication and writing skills; a positive disposition; be team player mentality and always courteous.
- Excellent time management skills and is able to meet deadlines.
- Experience in office management.
- Assisting with staffing as needed.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign is a plus.
- Knowledge of web design, search engine optimization, and basic HTML are a plus
- Proficiency with Cision, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Mac is a must.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.